lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Default Club Car Precedent, speed code 4 or Plum Quick Bandit

I just installed the speed magnet. I may have picked up 2 mph, if that. Installed a windshield the other day. Prior to the windshield my cart ran a solid 18-19 mph. After the windshield I noticed a decrease of about 2-3 mph, as expected due to the wind resistance and drag. With the windshield up it ran 15-17 mph. Put the magnet in and did an alignment on the cart. It was way off. Just by looking at it I could tell it the tow was way out. Didn't do an exact alignment with a tape measure, just eye balled it and it drives fine. Anyway with the speed magnet installed and the windshield up the speed is back up to 18-19 mph. I'm still liking for 25mph. 27mph would really make me happy so I could hang with my buddy's gas Yamaha. With that said should I even bother with the speed code 4 or just get the plum quick bandit? I don't want to deal with the down time of sending my motor in to be built and waiting for it to come back so that changes the price significantly. Speed code 4 is $100. The bandit motor is $225 but for me it's going to be $325 because I'm not sending in a core. What do you all think?
beachcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2017, 06:10 PM   #2
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent, speed code 4 or Plum Quick Bandit

So you are keeping the old motor?
I'd go with the Plum Quick if I were you. Speed Code 4 isn't going to net you 25...maybe 22 on flat ground with 23's.

Best bet is a 400-500 amp controller and an Admiral motor
Speed plus torque. Your buddy won't know what hit him....
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:15 PM   #3
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
So you are keeping the old motor?
I'd go with the Plum Quick if I were you. Speed Code 4 isn't going to net you 25...maybe 22 on flat ground with 23's.

Best bet is a 400-500 amp controller and an Admiral motor
Speed plus torque. Your buddy won't know what hit him....
The stock motor is an admiral isn't it? So are you saying 4-500 amp controller with the stock motor or controller and plum quick motor?
Old 05-06-2017, 06:27 PM   #4
Kashmir
Gone Wild
Club Car

You can do a 400-500 amp controller with a stock motor. That will help, but a motor built for speed and the amps will work better.
The Bandit is great for speed on flat ground with stock controller, but there is no torque.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Ok. I want the speed first and foremost, so I'll get the Bandit then upgrade the controller as my wallet permits. Thanks.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:52 PM   #6
1sharphook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
You can do a 400-500 amp controller with a stock motor.
Do you happen to know what the maximum recommended AMP rating is for the stock motor? I'm interested in locating the documentation for this rating.
Old 05-06-2017, 08:58 PM   #7
Unicorn
Gone Wild

Club Car

Just an Idea... Since motor installs are quick and easy, you could buy a used one for $200-$300 and either put it on your cart in the mean time while you send it to Plum Quick or send it off as the core. Gives you no down time and the ability to resell. I purchased a 2014 motor and installed on my cart. I paid $200 for mine.
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:57 AM   #8
klubber
Gone Wild
Club Car

Also, as I have read here, speed code 4 will not increase your speed over the speed magnet. When you step on the Go pedal, is there travel before it engages?
klubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:21 AM   #9
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

The magnet makes doing the speed codes useless. Save your money.

On that subject, if you're on a budget sell the sparky and get gas if your primary concern is to go fast. Your buddy will be laughing at you for the amount of money you'll end up spending just to keep up with him with that sparky.

Now if you want quiet and torque, keep what you got and open up the check book. Lot of people post on here that are more then willing to sell you the parts to go faster.
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 04:41 AM   #10
beachcarter
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise Master View Post
The magnet makes doing the speed codes useless. Save your money.

On that subject, if you're on a budget sell the sparky and get gas if your primary concern is to go fast. Your buddy will be laughing at you for the amount of money you'll end up spending just to keep up with him with that sparky.

Now if you want quiet and torque, keep what you got and open up the check book. Lot of people post on here that are more then willing to sell you the parts to go faster.
I'm worn you on the gas versus electric debate. I had a clone powered EZGO that would smoke his Yamaha. I traded my EZGO for this club car precedent because my wife and I bought an RV. Unfortunately the campground where we plan to use the RV only allows electric carts. Plus my EZGO had the stretch plastics long travel front suspension in it and that made it to wide to be able to fit in the back of a truck. I need to be able to fit the cart in the truck so I can still tow the RV.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car