lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-06-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default batteries

Whats with the AGM batteries, I heard that they are pretty good, IDK
Do they charge the same as say a trojan 875? or other 8 volt battery
What about run time? good/bad
jim,s is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-06-2017, 12:08 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim,s View Post
Whats with the AGM batteries, I heard that they are pretty good, IDK
Do they charge the same as say a trojan 875? or other 8 volt battery
What about run time? good/bad
They are usually a little less on all points but the benefit of no watering is worth it for some.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #3
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
They are usually a little less on all points but the benefit of no watering is worth it for some.
Thanks a lot Scotty,
What I'm up against you heard of a happy wife happy life. Well I have been working on my 2008 club car 6 in lift wheels that match my corvette, I put a new body on it the same color as my car, special ordered led lights for the under the body, I even special ordered led lights and made 8 inch circles with stand off legs so it looks like a full light circle of lights floating inside just behind the mag wheels, Then put a radio in it so the wife can play christmas music after all that I sent my cart out a week ago to have the 12 volt to 6 8 volt conversion done.
The guy at the battery shop made a call to get trojan ranger 160 batteries his supplier said they have them. In fact they only had 3 now 5 other suppliers only have 3. I dont want that. I want a matched set. After all that in order to have the cart back in time for my wife to have her christmas ride I had to put AGM batteries in it. now at 1700.00. maybe next year I will get my ranger batteries and donate the AGM to someone in need. At least my wife will get her christmas ride with lights. You cant put a dollar amount on that.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:34 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I hear ya. You will be alright with these batteries. I had 4 12v AGMs in a Precedent once - it did alright.
See if your charger has an AGM mode. AGM usually charge at a slightly lower rate and finish voltage.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

When I worked at the Club Car dealer we also signed up to be a Stealth dealer for a few years. That's been my only experience with AGM batteries. All of the new Stealth vehicles came with a little note on the batteries that said if you discharged the batteries below 50% it would severely affect the life span of the batteries. Not sure how the rest of the general public feels about this, but to me it's kind of like buying a truck with a 40 gallon gas tank that runs out of gas with 20 gallons in the tank. Ever since then I haven't cared to try to use them again. The Trojan Ranger 160 battery would be my battery of choice in my personal golf cart if I owned one.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 08:10 PM   #6
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Jim,

Would you mind posting pics of the led rings for your wheels? I had the exact same idea, I’m just not sure how to pull it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:50 PM   #7
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
When I worked at the Club Car dealer we also signed up to be a Stealth dealer for a few years. That's been my only experience with AGM batteries. All of the new Stealth vehicles came with a little note on the batteries that said if you discharged the batteries below 50% it would severely affect the life span of the batteries. Not sure how the rest of the general public feels about this, but to me it's kind of like buying a truck with a 40 gallon gas tank that runs out of gas with 20 gallons in the tank. Ever since then I haven't cared to try to use them again. The Trojan Ranger 160 battery would be my battery of choice in my personal golf cart if I owned one.
David,
I dont understand why the suppliers here only have 3 ranger batteries at each location. I think that I will call and just settle for the trojan 875 batteries, I dont want 3 different dates on my batteries
Old 12-06-2017, 10:00 PM   #8
jim,s
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36Racer View Post
Jim,

Would you mind posting pics of the led rings for your wheels? I had the exact same idea, I’m just not sure how to pull it off

PM sent
Old 12-06-2017, 11:15 PM   #9
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Whoa whoa whoa here boys. TahoeDawg is burying the lead. Did I read this correct that you DO NOT own a cart? I would bet my life you know more about them than 99 percent of the population and are an absolute expert. That’s said, it boggles my mind that you don’t have the sickest cart ride that side of the Mississippi. Of course mine is the sickest on the other side of the Mississippi! Hahaha.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Whoa whoa whoa here boys. TahoeDawg is burying the lead. Did I read this correct that you DO NOT own a cart? I would bet my life you know more about them than 99 percent of the population and are an absolute expert. That’s said, it boggles my mind that you don’t have the sickest cart ride that side of the Mississippi. Of course mine is the sickest on the other side of the Mississippi! Hahaha.

You heard correctly. I do not own one. Used to. But whenever I build one to keep I just end up selling it.

TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car