lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
srsteve02
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 EZGO Txt - Got it going...then nothing

I have a 2002 EZGO Txt. It hasn't run all winter, so I charged each battery individually first, and then put them on the charger pack. While I was charging, I put in a new LED headlight and taillight kit!

I took it off the charger, she fired right up. Drove maybe a quarter mile, and it suddenly coasted to a stop. I cursed for a while, and pushed it back home.

I left it on the charger all night and half of Sunday (it never clicked off until after lunch, so maybe it just needed a good deep cycle charge). Put the keys in, punched the gas........nothing.

Headlights work. The annoying reverse beep works. The battery level indicates full.

My volt meter is broken, so I couldn't check the specific voltage. Buy a new voltage meter and start there? Could it be the solenoid? Last year, it would periodically die with a series of short beeps, but would fire right back up as soon as I came to a complete stop, so I was suspecting it needed to be replaced anyway.

Both? Neither? Recommendations?
srsteve02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #2
srsteve02
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 EZGO Txt - Got it going...then nothing

Update to my own post for anyone who is searching:

I started checking the batteries, and they were all in the 6.3 range (36 volt cart). After charging overnight, they did go up to the 6.4, 6.5 range. I had read somewhere that they should be in the 7.0 range when fully charged, so I was a little nervous that it might be a new set of batteries for me. Punched the gas....nothing.

Regardless, I had ended up ordering a new solenoid, searched around a youtube, and figured out how to put it in. Advice: take pictures of all the wiring before you pull anything out! We referred back to them a couple of times, and it was a great help. Once in, it fired right up!
Old 05-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad you got it working. Here’s an soc chart for future reference. It’s courtesy of johnnieb. Readings are 10-12 hrs after a full charge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A51092EC-E4F3-481C-9909-B4901DFDC2EC.jpeg (127.1 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:23 AM   #4
srsteve02
Not Yet Wild

This chart is extremely handy! Thanks!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO