lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
PNW_smoker
Not Yet Wild

Default 2015 EZ Go TXT 48v First Cart

Bought a 2015 EZ Go TXT 48v for my wife for Mother's Day. She loves it but it can't pull the hills around our house very well. Guy I bought it from programmed it to hill setting and speed set to 14.9 but it will come to near a dead stop on the steep hills.

I've used the search function looking for motor upgrades and found some good info but was hoping there was someone out there dealing with the same terrain that has come up with a tried and true solution.

I completed the Chuck at EMP Motors questionnaire thinking that was a good place to start? Found the info using search function.

We don't care much about speed just need to make it from point A to B with a cooler of beer.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
PNW_smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2020, 03:24 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2015 EZ Go TXT 48v First Cart

Suggestion: '15 TXT should be a 48v cart and are generally pretty stout. Before spending any money on upgrades I would determine the health of the batteries.
Is the cart lifted --with large tires?
Do you have a digital multi-meter?
What do you know about the batteries?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #3
PNW_smoker
Not Yet Wild

The cart is completely stock. It came from a golf coarse that only operates during the summer due to winter snow.

I do have a multi meter.

The batteries appear to be original and that is all I know.
Old 05-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #4
PNW_smoker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Suggestion: '15 TXT should be a 48v cart and are generally pretty stout. Before spending any money on upgrades I would determine the health of the batteries.
Is the cart lifted --with large tires?
Do you have a digital multi-meter?
What do you know about the batteries?
I replied above but wasn't sure if you get notification if I don't quote you....

The cart is completely stock. It came from a golf course that only operates during the summer due to winter snow.

I do have a multi meter.

The batteries appear to be original and that is all I know.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

What batteries are in it? If Trojan look on the flat plate of the negative battery post. Should be a letter and a number. Letter is the month and number is the year. If they are good one of the best updates for that cart is the XCT400 and 200 solenoid. Will run mid 20s and climb much better.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:40 PM   #6
PNW_smoker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
What batteries are in it? If Trojan look on the flat plate of the negative battery post. Should be a letter and a number. Letter is the month and number is the year. If they are good one of the best updates for that cart is the XCT400 and 200 solenoid. Will run mid 20s and climb much better.
Looks like it says J4 on the plate of the terminal. Where is a good place to read up about the XCT400 and 200 solenoid? Is there someone on the forum that sells them?
Old 05-11-2020, 06:10 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

October 2014 so pretty much near the end of their lifespan. The sponsors here are a good place to start looking and after I thought about it look at the XCT500 kit because it comes with the cooling fan. Turn it down to 80% power with the stock motor and if you ever upgrade the motor you already have the 500..

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
Old 05-11-2020, 07:17 PM   #8
PNW_smoker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
October 2014 so pretty much near the end of their lifespan. The sponsors here are a good place to start looking and after I thought about it look at the XCT500 kit because it comes with the cooling fan. Turn it down to 80% power with the stock motor and if you ever upgrade the motor you already have the 500..

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php
OK I'll take a look at the site sponsors.

We have a gravel road that goes down to the river below our house. It's about 500 yards long. At it's steepest point it's 13 degrees and averages about 6 degrees the rest of the way. Is it safe to assume with new batteries and the controller / solenoid I'd be able to pull it with my wife and a decent cooler of beer? Possible motor upgrade?
Old 05-11-2020, 07:50 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well I haven’t seen your wife or your cooler but I am pretty sure you would be okay
Old 05-11-2020, 07:56 PM   #10
PNW_smoker
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Well I haven’t seen your wife or your cooler but I am pretty sure you would be okay
Wife is 5' 1" Blonde. My cooler is stuffed with Budlight and ice!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO