lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2020, 02:52 PM   #1
yzduffy
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G29 Governor Delete Issues

I deleted my governor on my 2011 Yamaha G29 and Installed a lift, now I'm having issues at low speed. I can't maintain a low speed without the cart jerking or bucking. My question is, is there a carb adjustment? also it backfires when coming to a stop.Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated...Thanks.
yzduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #2
matthd24
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G29 Governor Delete Issues

Sounds like you need to adjust your throttle cable....
matthd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #3
hojolabo
Not Yet Wild

I have an '18 Drive 2 EFI that gave me a slight issue after slightly adjusting the govenor, brought it back to original and all was status quo but that included my original 16 - 17 MPH.
I read somewhere that there was a limiting adjustment to the throttle cable that could be adjusted.?. Mine was at its limit but did discover a solid bar across the top of the gas pedal, cut off about 1/4" of it and in so doing discovered I could adjust the position of the pedal to pull on the throttle cable.
Well!! I now can cruise at a noticeable increase in speed, haven't GPS'd it yet but did install a tachometer so not to over rev it and increased the revs from 1360 to 1640.
My pedal now stands pretty much straight up and makes it easier to drive at steady lower speed without stretching.
I did have to relieve the floor access cover and floor mat about 1/8 - 3/16" allowing the pedal to return fully since the engine would not shut down after releasing the pedal.
Now all is good and when the snow quits and the weather warms some I'll GPS its speed, but I'm sure its at least slightly 20+ mph.
I do have 14" lo profile tires an a 3" lift.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
hojolabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #4
hojolabo
Not Yet Wild

I did add the 3rd brake light and put "Yamaha" up in lights to come on with my DRL.
Proud of my 1st ever cart and to bring it from a stock cart too.
My kind of thing to do...fiddling with anything mechanical, from doing a cab off restore on my 78 F-350 dually to my most recent outfitting a Sea Eagle 10.6 inflatable boat for fishing.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
hojolabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

You always have to set the carb/pedal cable so the engine starts BEFORE the carb opens. Otherwise it starts with the carb open and you are starting/stopping the engine ignition with the carb open causing bucking and backfiring and all that. You may have the idle set on the carb or not, but it still needs to turn over before the carb moves at all, as you press down on the pedal. In fact its better to have a little play there where it starts then the pedal moves a little more before it opens carb. If your carb does not open all the way you need to change the pedal position as stated above to get more travel. If you have the governor on there yet then you change the governor, but you don't tighten up the pedal cable to go faster.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha