lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-01-2021, 06:20 PM   #11
bhas
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Advanced EV Board

Did you guys ever program your carts to increase the speed?
bhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 11:26 AM   #12
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

This is where things get complicated. I live in Ocala and I think the local "dealer" simply made a deal with the dealer in The Villages. He refers to it as "the factory". Anytime I've taken the cart in where a programming change was required, he hauls it down to the Villages and those guys clearly don't understand how to program this cart. I think my main issue is a defective accelerator pedal. No programming change will fix that. If you press the pedal to the floor and allow it to reach max speed, then begin releasing the pedal, it reaches a point of about 20-25% of its travel before it reduces. I'm guessing there's a short somewhere in the potentiometer. This makes it nearly impossible to operate at any speed but zero or flat our. Modulating the pedal, like a toggle switch is about all I can do.
AdvancedEVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:52 AM   #13
aleebow
Not Yet Wild

does anyone have the reverse buzzer that is hidden inside the black controller box ? I do not have the white/red horn looking buzzer near the charger/batteries like i have seen on other carts. But i hear the noise coming from the controller box. trying to locate the wiring to splice some backup LEDs in.
aleebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:50 AM   #14
drrogers
Not Yet Wild

Hi, I know I am too late to the party but you can find every info about the Advanced EV golf cart here. Hope this helps!
drrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:07 AM   #15
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrogers View Post
Hi, I know I am too late to the party but you can find every info about the Advanced EV golf cart here. Hope this helps!
This article is outdated. These vehicles are not using the Toyota controllers…
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:43 AM   #16
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I don't know where you got your information, but this is straight from the Advanced EV site, link copied today. You can clearly see the 350A Toyota controller is listed there, which is what the Advanced EV has always used ....

https://www.advancedev.com/assets/ad...Spec-Sheet.pdf
Old 06-06-2022, 01:09 PM   #17
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedEVguy View Post
I don't know where you got your information, but this is straight from the Advanced EV site, link copied today. You can clearly see the 350A Toyota controller is listed there, which is what the Advanced EV has always used ....

https://www.advancedev.com/assets/ad...Spec-Sheet.pdf
Yes, their site and icons site and both their product manuals list the neos controller which they are no longer using or selling with 2022 vehicles. Both are using controller made by Lvtong. Http://aev.cartcables.com http://icon.cartcables.com

Their websites, their manuals, and the copy and pasted info from their site IS OUTDATED and INACCURATE…
Old 06-06-2022, 01:24 PM   #18
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I guess that should come as no surprise, but even our local dealer insists they are still using the Neos. Perhaps, as was the case when I bought my cart in 2020, they still have old stock left. Back then, you wouldn't know which seat covers, instrument cluster or emblem would be on your cart until it was delivered. They also (tackily) included a copy of the Lvtong "manual". This forum is far more valuable than anything included with the purchase of the cart.

Since you appear to be very knowledgeable about this stuff, do you have any idea where to find information on other things, such as diff oil change interval, type of fluid, etc? I haven't even looked yet to see if there is a fill plug.

One item that is very irritating is my accelerator pedal. It has a defect, which makes the cart very difficult to control. If you use the monitor in the Neso software, you can see that by the time the switch contacts, the pedal voltage is already 1.3, so not a lot of room left. This happens at nearly 1/2 the travel, so it really makes control difficult. I took the pedal assembly apart and it looks to be driven by Hall effect sensors. I like the idea of solid state, but it does complicate troubleshooting. The dealer insists there is no problem. In looking inside the pedal box, there are two sealed pots. If I knew how to adjust them, I may be able to get it to work better. I am guessing there is a gain and offset adjustment that would solve my problem, but I don't want to be shooting in the dark. Sorry for the long message.
Old 06-06-2022, 02:17 PM   #19
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

There are still a bunch of dealers without the proper equipment to connect these to the computer to tune them. I get people constantly who insist the manual or their dealer told them they have a neos or curtis controller only to find out that that is NOT the case! I ask that everyone who orders a programming cable verify the controller in their vehicle as it is possible to have anyone of the 3 controller types. Many people are purchasing 2021 carts that were on showroom floors this year and tell me they have a 2022, which isn’t the case. No issues with that just a lot of Mis information floating around reguarding the different controller types used in these vehicles…

Yes, the pedal assembly is Hall effect. Pot sends 0-5v signal to the controller. You should be able to adjust this in the neos software. I know this is all adjustable in the software for the new controller.

I have a complete throttle pedal assembly being delivered tommorow to dig into so I can let you know if there is an offset pot- I haven’t had one open personally yet. If it does have 2 pots the first is probably taking the 48v or 12v signal whatever the power to the pedal is and stepping it down to the 5v level and the second pot is probably controlled by the pedal to produce the 0-5v signal depending on position. There is also a microswitch in there to tell the controller when the pedal is activated or not- it’s mostly in there as a safety so if something is set on the floorboard pressing the pedal that the cart cannot take off if the key is switched on. The logic in the controller requires the switch to break the connection if it is closed/on before the key is switched to the on position.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:06 PM   #20
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I don't have any experience with Advanced carts, but I have seen a couple of different styles of throttle sensors on Chinese models. If you have the three wire inductive type with a plunger, it sounds like it may be incorrectly adjusted. To me it sounds like you could move the microswitch bumper collar out a bit.
This would make the safety microswitch before you apply any voltage from the throttle sensor. It mechanically functions like the ITS on a EZGO.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advanced ev, advent
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts