lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2021, 03:08 AM   #1
BobInOK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Curtis 1204 pot box

Reading the Curtis 1204 manual which has a very good explanation of what the pot box should be and how it works. Basically it says use a 5K pot, min is low speed and 5K for fast. It also says you can limit the high speed by placing a resistor in parallel with the pot and provides a chart for resistor value and percentage of speed.

So OK, why does the Melex not only have a resistor in parallel with the pot it also has one in series? I haven't measured the resistor values yet but will. My pot is bad and a new one won't be here till the end of the week. When I desolder the old pot I will measure the resistors.

Seems to me if you follow what the manual says you can eliminate the fixed resistors which might give you a little more speed. Not exactly sure why Melex would reduce the overall resistance with a parallel resistor then turn around and increase it by adding one in series. What am I missing?
BobInOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2021, 03:49 AM   #2
BobInOK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Curtis 1204 pot box

I lied, the resistor I thought was in series with the pot isn't. It goes to another circuit I haven't researched yet. I did measure and decipher the value of the parallel resistor and it looks to be 60K but measures 59K with a cheap meter.

60K in parallel with a 5K pot doesn't have allot of effect on the overall value. Only reduces the total resistance by about 400 ohms at max throttle. Completely off the chart in the manual.
BobInOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts