lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2021, 09:32 AM   #1
jlukes1304
Not Yet Wild

Default Acceleration Issue - 2010 Emerge

Even when I'm not fully stopped if I press the accelerator fully the cart surges momentarily then cuts off. If I press gently it works fine. Mine is the version with two modes and if I use the golf course mode it doesn't occur as often but it's getting worse. Any ideas?
jlukes1304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2021, 04:05 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Acceleration Issue - 2010 Emerge

Sounds like a problem with the ITS sensor, look If any fault codes thrown by the controller? Measure ITS output, procedure is written in the service manual.

Check Procedure 2--Accelerator signal voltage
Please refer to Chapter 1 Protection for Electrical Safety.
1. Use a DC multimeter set to 20V, connect the black (-) probe to the negative binding post of the
battery and connect the red (+) probe to Wire 7 (black/white wire). The reading should be around 0V
at the original position of the pedal. Press down the accelerator pedal slowly; observe the reading
on the multimeter. When the pedal is pressed, the reading should be increased by 0V-5V until the
pedal is pressed down completely.
2. If the reading is not increased while pressing the pedal, the accelerator should be replaced.
3. If the reading is lower than 4.5V when the pedal is pressed down completely, the electric vehicle can
not run at the rated max speed. Please check whether the accelerator is in good condition.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:37 PM   #3
jlukes1304
Not Yet Wild

Thanks very much for your response. I can confirm that it isn't the accelerator assembly because I swapped that out with one I bought on eBay for a real good price and the problem was still there. I've also checked the motor speed sensor and it reads the voltage fine.
I haven't seen any codes down in the area where it indicates charging level. I'm not aware of any other place to look for codes.
I downloaded a copy of the eMerge manual and it doesn't give any clues of where to go from here. If you know where I can find a wiring diagram of the Controller please let me know where to look.
My suspicion now is that the sensor which senses if the cart is rolling backward on a slope and such is bad in that it has become too sensitive.
Last, if you know of anyone who repairs Controllers please let me know.
Thanks again for responding.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:40 AM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Curtis 1268 controller manual you'll find here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qYi...ew?usp=sharing

You should check the wiring from accelerator to the main harness on driver side ( connectors ), it's a known area for issues due to dirt/water. Regarding controller repair, look for FSIP. Troubleshooting with a Curtis service programmer would be helpful due to realtime diagnosis ( dealership ).
Old 05-06-2021, 05:33 PM   #5
jlukes1304
Not Yet Wild

Thanks very much for the continuing dialogue. If you're referring to the 4 pin plug which connects the accelerator assembly to the harness just by the driver's entrance I inspected it carefully and it's clean and connects very snugly.
What's an FSIP? Is that a device which checks on the actions of the Controller?
I've sent a note to my local dealer who changed out my motor and hope he can help.
Stay safe,
Old 05-06-2021, 06:47 PM   #6
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

FSIP ( Curtis controller remanufacturer )

https://shop.fsip.biz/

Good luck!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin