lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2021, 10:59 PM   #1
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Default I guess it’s new rings ?

So still having smoking problem with my ezgo txt 2006 295 mci engine what I initially thought was a puff at start up turns out it smokes at all time and I was able to shine a flashlight on muffler outlet and see that it smokes at all times just not as heavy as at start up ... so my cart is stock non lifted everything that’s has been replaced .. valve adjust .004 .new valve seals carb fuel pump spark plugs rear oil engine oil fuel filter fuel lines.. you name it.. still getting smoke and if I look in spark hole I see the top of piston covered in carbon and wet around the edge I’m assuming oil and my compression is 160 in both cylinders what should I do just hone and replace rings.. and if I tear into the engine what gaskets are a must for putting back together thanks everyone for taking time to help me out you guys have been great !
Tommybh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2021, 07:53 AM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: I guess it’s new rings ?

Remove the engine. Then take it apart.

Disassemble and measure EVERYTHING. Cylinder bore, crank journals, inspect the valve seats, everything. There’s specs in the service manual and it all needs to match. Pay very close attention to the oil pump and cover also. Make sure it is ruler flat.

Then order parts. For the most part OEM parts are no longer available for these engines. So an aftermarket rebuild kit will give you everything you should need.

When the new parts arrive throw away the oil pump cover o ring that comes with the kit. And throw away the little o ring that goes in the upper right corner of the engine side cover. Reuse the originals. Replacement ones NEVER fit right and you’ll end up with oil pressure issues. It would also be good to check oil pressure with a manual gauge in the pressure sensing unit port before taking it apart. And double check it again once it’s back together. Just to be sure and safe. One little wrong step will result in bad pressure and the cam will seize to the head because the design of the lubrications system is stupid.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:00 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I just saw your other post. You’ve got this one problem split into too many posts so you’re not going to get accurate responses that way, someone reading this likely won’t read through the other 4 or so posts for all the information.

If your engine cold is to the top of the dipstick full line, it’s probably got too much oil. I previously suggested you drain all the oil and fill with fresh, correct amount. Should be 1.5qt. These motors are prone to smoke even just a little overfilled. Check that before tearing into the engine. It may make no difference at all but may fix it. Definitely worth a shot.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:09 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Also I see CM said the same thing about confusing posts

Just wanted to add. I seriously doubt that’s an OEM carb.

This is the only way to get an OEM for sure. Doesn’t add up that his OEM carbs are 1/3 the price of one direct from ezgo.
https://shop.txtsv.com/carburetor-as...mm-venturi-9hp

Look in the cavity on the side between the throttle linkages, there’s a logo cast in the back corner there. Tell us what that logo looks like or post a picture.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:55 AM   #5
Tommybh
Getting Wild

Yeah I’m realizing my mistake making so many posts won’t make anymore on this issue but carb came out a ezgo box everything matched up like the one I took off and I know the one I took off hadn’t been off before since the anti tamper was still on and I had to drill the divots out to get to it .. the #stamps inside on chock plate and throttle plate all matched up and everything but I will try to get picture of that side just in case .. when I changed the oil I jacked one side up and let it drain for 30 minutes then put exactly 1.5 actually less that 1.5 because the quart bottle had slightly more than half left in second bottle .. above the 16 ounce line I stopped when it got to the full line so not sure what that’s about also do you think it can still smoke if there’s no oil in air box like I see a lot of people say when that’s the issue also the pcv line is dry...... but the pulse line to fuel pump had oil in it
Old 05-26-2021, 09:06 AM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

The carb should either have a mikuni logo on it, or may have been made by TK. That would have the letters TK with a circle around them, cast into the side of the part.

I always question any carb that’s not oem. I’ve never had a cheap one work right
Old 05-26-2021, 09:26 AM   #7
Tommybh
Getting Wild

I also read some of your older post about that motor flush and I bought the motor medic engine flush do you think that would hurt if I ran some of that in it ? Drain some oil put a little of that flush in there run it a little and then change the oil ? Could that clog any ports up ?
Old 05-26-2021, 09:44 AM   #8
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Also I see CM said the same thing about confusing posts
I have no idea what you are talking about CP?

I should leave this one to you anyway as i think too many people responding with pretty much the same info will also confuse the issue. I may chime in if i see something that may add something useful.

I will agree however that some oil should be taken out for a trial run to see if anything improves. set the level halfway down the marks on the dipstick and see if it improves. I still wonder if maybe some oil residue is in the exhaust, but that would only really show once the exhaust is hot.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #9
Tommybh
Getting Wild

I did also remove the muffler and hit gas it smokes straight out of head I wanted to eliminate the muffler
Old 05-26-2021, 11:14 AM   #10
Tommybh
Getting Wild

OK went home on my lunch break and drained some oil out of golf cart ran it for about five minutes still smokes but didn’t stink up the garage like before but like I said it’s the same amount of smoke how long until I would know if this was the issue do you think
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO