lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
mrcarter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Arrow 1987 cc wiring help

hey i got this cart not to long ago and i got it working it runs very good but i have no wiring i need to replace all of it and were can i but a manual and were can i get a very good wiring diagram. thanks to all.
mrcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 cc wiring help

There is just a TON of good info in the gas stickies at the top of this section! Like this wire diagram for your cart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CC Gas 87 wire diagram.jpg (41.5 KB, 15 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
mrcarter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

what gauge wire should i use for rewiring the cart
Old 11-15-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

carter i would tell you that going with 14 would be fine, if you have a decent harnnes, it should have the size on the wire every 3 to 6 inches. or have you thought of getting a new harness? might be a whole lot easier. or finding a new used one?
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #5
Hill Country Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I just finished refurbishing a 2004 CC gasser that went through hurricane Ike near Galveston last year-- were talking submerged in salt water -- the seat floated off. I got it for a good price and couldn't resist the opportunity to learn about the cart from the frame up.
I didn't think the wiring was good so I bought a complete wiring harness -- ordered it through my local CC dealer for around $59.00. Well worth the money and saved lots of time.
Hill Country Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:30 PM   #6
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country Hunter View Post
I just finished refurbishing a 2004 CC gasser that went through hurricane Ike near Galveston last year-- were talking submerged in salt water -- the seat floated off. I got it for a good price and couldn't resist the opportunity to learn about the cart from the frame up.
I didn't think the wiring was good so I bought a complete wiring harness -- ordered it through my local CC dealer for around $59.00. Well worth the money and saved lots of time.
Good move and cheap for the headaches saved and
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #7
mrcarter
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

a harness is all the wires so i just have to hook them up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckiguy View Post
carter i would tell you that going with 14 would be fine, if you have a decent harnnes, it should have the size on the wire every 3 to 6 inches. or have you thought of getting a new harness? might be a whole lot easier. or finding a new used one?
Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
ckiguy
Bad *** Speller!

Club Car

yes its like a new one, all connectors are the, so no or very litle splicing involved. you just cut the zip ties, unblolt any clips, and remove, then refead new one same as old came out, rezip-tie, and re sceure bolts and clips. usually pretty easy. and you have a un eaten, un hacked into wires. oh and make sure you use the black zip ties they are uv restant, and dont break and crack from heat and age. like white are known for. white are much cheaper, butt here that way for a reason. if you zip-tie, and cut back the tail my suggestion is zip them al, the cut all tails off last thing. the little edges they leave are like little razor blades! they will get you if you rub them or scrape them. without paying attention.
ckiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car