lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
cm549888
Not Yet Wild

Default gas continues to flow

I bought a 93 gas club car a month ago. Ran fine every time I used it, except for occassional dieseling when I turned it off. Parked it for a week. Tried to start it Wednesday, it wouldn't turn over. Gas had filled the cylinder and crankcase. Drained it all and replaced oil and filter. Cart started and ran fine again. Parked overnight. Next morning same problem with gas in cylinder and crankcase. There is a gas line cutoff valve but I don't want to have to keep turning it off and on everytime I used it. Took off carb and float seems fine. Is it supposed to have a vented gas cap? Any ideas what might be the problem?? Thanks for any help.
cm549888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: gas continues to flow

it could be time to take carb off and go over the whole carb............every jet port, opening, use carb cleaner and a compressor to blow thur every hole you find and check your float needle take it out blow thur, any spec of dirt could get stuck there and cause that...........is cart lifted or modded at all?...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
cm549888
Not Yet Wild

Not lifted. Pretty much stock all around far as I can tell. I did take off the carb and apart. Blew into to gas intake and it would stop with the float lifted... for what that's worth.
cm549888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

Needle and seat getting stuck open. Very common problem, and easy fix. Open up the carb and clean it out and make sure the needle and seat close.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
vzdude
Gone Wild

Also check the fuel pump diaphram. Could be filling it through the vacuum feed to it. One line comes from tank, another goes to carb. Pull the third one off and see if there is gas in it. FYI - There shouldn't be!
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:49 PM   #6
reaper1313
Not Yet Wild

Check the float itself if you shake it and here gas sloshing around in it you need a new one.
reaper1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car