lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Good 20 min. Then hard to get going WTF

1990 CC DS rides good for maybe 20 minutes, then when go pedal is lifted will take 30-40 seconds to go again. Banging on the pedal seems to make it go but I know sometning is wrong. Always starts problem after being ridden a while. We have cleaned and tightened all connections. Braided wire on the v-glide is pretty kinked. Problem? Braided wire in the v-glide cable or a bad senoniod? All wire and connections were cleaned and sealed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by tazassape; 11-25-2010 at 01:21 AM.. Reason: clear up
tazassape is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Good 20 min. Then hard to get going WTF

Often the problem in V glide is the "wiper switch spring" or wear in "bronze bushings" that holds wiper assembly against contacts. By moving the pedal up and down you can make contact again. I would do a repair job and replace switch brush assermbly ( this takes care of braided wire ) and spring and check wear on wiper through bushing, and while apart I usually replace the limit micro switch to be sure as they some times stick and wont allow solenoid to operate? Check contacts inside for pitting and burning as poor connections will cause all kinds of weird pedal problems. I clean contacts with very fine emery cloth and a small flat block to make sure contacts are even all the way across face.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car