lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-28-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

Default New leaf springs

We changed out the old leaf springs on my brothers 07 48v cc Ds to the HD springs. Now the shocks are to short to reach through the bracket under the springs. Do we need to get longer shocks, did we do something wrong. The new springs raised the rear of the cart of about 2''
jonitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New leaf springs

They should reach if you didn't lift it. I know the new HD springs will lift it a little but the shocks should stretch out pretty good. If you need longer shocks, NAPA stocks Monroe shocks that fit lifted carts. I have them on my DS with a 7.5" supersport.

For the stud on both ends it is 94066
for stud and eye it is 94013.

Measure the distance you need then go to NAPA and see if they will fit. They are about $16.00 each.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
jonitza
Not Yet Wild

thx..will try that. The threads on the bottom of the shock stop about half a inch from the hole, so it seems i need about 2 inches to make it work. We had 3 people standing on the back of the cart to try and get the nut on but it seems like it would be way to much tension on the shock.
jonitza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #4
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to put about 500 pounds on the back of the car to get the springs compressed enough to get the nuts started.I have done this probably about 30 times.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you need to compress the rear that much to get the shock on that isn't going to give a good ride.

on my cart with hd leafs and extended shackles; I ran a die over the shocks till they bottomed out on the shoulder. then i cut off the excess thread that wasn't needed for a shock extension. next i put on the extension so it bottomed on the shoulder. that enabled me to bolt the shock up as normal and still have decent up/down travel of the shock.

If it has to be compressed before installation, you are going to have no down travel of the suspension, and the shock will top out on every compression rebound. I would think it would be better off without a shock at all!

4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:11 PM   #6
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Whatever.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Sounds like a Pr of shock extenders would work well too. 2 inch extenders are available at any auto parts house
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car