lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2-stroke offroad capability.

86 2 stroker with a 5 inch lift and 22x11x8 tires. It's a lot of fun.
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Beat It Like You Stole It!!!!Mines been gettin pounded for 2 years(goin on 3!),and it never looks back
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 PM   #13
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
I've been searching around but am still unsure. So I thought I'd just ask for some opinions. I've been looking for a cheap fixer upper cart to lift and take a passenger on the mild trails. There is one I see from the road, haven't been closer than 500ft to it, that I could probably get for a really good price. Talking with a friend of the owner, it's a 2-stroke where the motor turns backwards for reverse and doesn't run unless you're hitting the gas pedal. Until I talked to this guy, I;d never heard of this design. It would also need some motor work, which is the reason it's sitting and also why I could get it cheap(maybe free). I've been reading up on this design here and on youtube but can't grasp how it would run offroad. So that is really my question, does this design work for an offroad lifted cart with maybe a 20-22" tire?
Tell me where it's at, Ill go buy it.LOL I have put my 220,my little brother is 280 and his wife and daughter both about 110 on my 88 and it still climbed small hills. I think the 2 smoker is a great little engine
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Oh, and not just to extol the virtues of these carts but to give you some useable data and numbers to consider, if the engine turns out to need an entire top-end rebuild, you're looking at just under $200 (that, of course, is just about worst-case scenario and would of course resultr in you having a new motor which isn't a bad thing) ... Most of the other "usual suspects" are fairly low $ too, there are a ton of upgrades that actually cost far less than the factory parts too but that's a story for later and that's what we're here to help with!

A 4 or 5" lift kit will run you around $80-100 for a nice, well-built block lift, you can get crazy with drop-axles and whatnot for WAY too much $$$ but you'll find that the majority of us with these Marathons are running the blocks (and yes, many of us are guilty of cart abuse so they have been tried and proven) ...

Tires are readily available, my 22X11-8's were bought online for $120 shipped (new) - new offset rims are around $14 each or spacer kits to use your existing rims will run you around $17 per axle plus shipping - again, we can help you with all of that as you go.

Hope some of this helped you make up your mind, I still vote "Go for it", especially considering that once you get her fixed up and running right, maybe a little cosmetic stuff, etc the chances are you can turn a profit if you decide to go with a newer cart (although - and i believe I speak for many here - chances are you might end up being more satisfied with these 2-strokers than you ever thought you could be!)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #15
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

BUY!BUY!BUY!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #16
Jamus
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the input everyone, you've squashed all doubts. The motor running in both directions is just a new one on me, haha. Once I can get a hold of this guy and see what he'll take for it, I can go from there. It's been sitting for almost a year in front of his house though, not like he needs it.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #17
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

If it makes you feel better,The newer 2-stroke snowmobiles do the same thing!I think Ski-Doo is one.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
Thanks for all the input everyone, you've squashed all doubts. The motor running in both directions is just a new one on me, haha. Once I can get a hold of this guy and see what he'll take for it, I can go from there. It's been sitting for almost a year in front of his house though, not like he needs it.
You want to see something funny, I have had a detroit deisel kick back and run backwards more than once, SMOKE, you aint seen smoke till it starts pouring out your aircleaner, from a backwards running diesel
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #19
Jamus
Not Yet Wild

I know this is a strange request, but can anyone confirm the model of cart in this pic? I took it from pretty far away, had to use zoom. Tried to clean it up.

Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:11 PM   #20
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The only thing more interesting than that is when a "Greenie" sets the racks,cause hes' done them before,and it runs away!!!He was shaking so bad he couldn't even get back in the truck to restart it after they shut it down.I was rollin,cause i knew the guy that was standin by was experienced and was ready for it to run.Talk about smoke and noise!Thats why they call em "Screamin Detroits"-Love em!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO