lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2011, 10:30 PM   #21
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Default Re: 2-stroke offroad capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamus View Post
I know this is a strange request, but can anyone confirm the model of cart in this pic? I took it from pretty far away, had to use zoom. Tried to clean it up.

That almost looks like a Yamaha..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2011, 07:25 AM   #22
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Its a Yami,but kinda hard to tell.The nose looks G-1,but the back looks later.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #23
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
The only thing more interesting than that is when a "Greenie" sets the racks,cause hes' done them before,and it runs away!!!He was shaking so bad he couldn't even get back in the truck to restart it after they shut it down.I was rollin,cause i knew the guy that was standin by was experienced and was ready for it to run.Talk about smoke and noise!Thats why they call em "Screamin Detroits"-Love em!!!
Not to get off sunject, But I had a 318 once that could blow the doors off the average 350 cummins.It had standard injectors and would only turn 2500 or so.But for some reason that sucker would run. Injector tube leak antifreeze in the oil and that was the end of it. I rebuilt it and changed out the timing gears and it ran good no more.
The picture is awful grainy of the cart,trying to get back on subject
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:46 AM   #24
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Hey, Rokcrlr,If you reset the cam-followers and didn't check set before teardown(which alot of times doesn't happen)Then you may have changed timing-set.It sounds like it had a fast-set before tear-down.I worked for a Cummins-Dealer for 10yrs,We had a guy that was very fussy and made em' scream,we had another guy,just as good,but they were lazy.Its' all in timing set-up.Cummins for power,Detroit for the sound!!!!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #25
Jamus
Not Yet Wild

No worries on getting off-topic. If it is a yamaha, I'm not even in the correct section. You all are being very helpful, and patient, with me and I appreciate it.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:21 AM   #26
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Thats the best part about this site and its' members.We drift wayyy off topic but still help with the original topic!Keeps it interesting.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #27
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Definitely looks Yamaha, and it's hard to tell if it's lifted and has bigger tires or if the tires are just oversized ... I'd try and find out the year and model and do some research as certain year Yami parts are a bit more expensive than the EZGO stuff. you might also want to repost the pic in the Yamaha Gas thread and see what those guys can tell you
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #28
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hey, Rokcrlr,If you reset the cam-followers and didn't check set before teardown(which alot of times doesn't happen)Then you may have changed timing-set.It sounds like it had a fast-set before tear-down.I worked for a Cummins-Dealer for 10yrs,We had a guy that was very fussy and made em' scream,we had another guy,just as good,but they were lazy.Its' all in timing set-up.Cummins for power,Detroit for the sound!!!!
This particular detroit , had been reblocked, recammed, reblowered,rebuilt, reheaded, reinjectored and still ran like a scalded a$$ed ape.BUT the timing gears were always the same ones. The guy that worked on this one also worked on mine. He was a big detroit fan, but could never get one to run the same as this engine did. That sucker would fly and would blow by cummins and cats (that went cranked up) going up hill fully loaded. Of course this was 25 years ago.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #29
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Was it a Triple-Nickel/318? They were just evil!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:49 PM   #30
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Was it a Triple-Nickel/318? They were just evil!
Don't know, It was in a 72 diamond reo , and I bought it to put in my old frieghtliner. Should have rebuilt the heads as it had sat for awhile with a hole in the radiator and a couple months down the road it leaked Af in the oil and spun the mains.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO