lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Default clubcar vacuum question

I have a 86 clubcar. My question is where does the vacuum line go to that comes out the engine? One goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump, but where does the other one go? On thecartdude page it would be part #23 of engine assembly 1? Any help would be greatly appreciated?
hotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
lgcmech
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: clubcar vacuum question

looks to me like it is a breather hose that goes into air box. there is a hole on the carb side of the air box.
lgcmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Cool Re: clubcar vacuum question

Are you talking about the breather hose on the carburetor. The hose I am talking about comes off the engine behind the exhaust. What is there is only a short piece that doesn't reach anything. If I put the breather hose from the carburetor in this hose it will start to run,then I have to pull it out to keep it running. At other times it seem the breather hose just has to be close to this hose to run. Does that make any sense?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:10 AM   #4
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

I'm with lgcmech the short hose you decribe #23 goes right into the back of the air cleaner base, it's the valve cover breather tube on your side valve kf82, it's pcv.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
lgcmech
Not Yet Wild

sounds like you have other issues. the breather hose on the carb should just go down the side of the engine and not plug into anything. i will try to get some pics from one of the carts here to show you.
lgcmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

I think we're getting somewhere now. I put a bigger fuel line on from the pump to the tank. For some reason it was smaller than the other line. Also the line from the crankcase to the pump did not have any clamps on so I put them on. The other question I have is ,Is there supposed to be oil coming out from the engine where the line goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump?
Thanks again for the help.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:54 AM   #8
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

You guys have been a big help. Can anyone tell me Is there supposed to be oil coming out from the engine where the line goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump? If I take off that line oil sprays out. Is that line what runs the pump?
Old 04-09-2011, 06:27 AM   #9
a70eliminator
Getting Wild
Club Car

The crankcase tube does create a positive pressure that boosts the fuel pump, I would consider it normal to have some oil residue in the tube but it shouldn't be pouring oil out, it could spit some oil if your case was overfilled, or your piston rings are worn out.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #10
hotdog
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by a70eliminator View Post
The crankcase tube does create a positive pressure that boosts the fuel pump, I would consider it normal to have some oil residue in the tube but it shouldn't be pouring oil out, it could spit some oil if your case was overfilled, or your piston rings are worn out.
Thanks guys! You've been a big help. Keep up the good work.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car