lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #1
cgabrie4
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie with no cart xp

Hi all, So i recently got what i believe to be a 2000 or 2001 club car ds gas.

So what i would like to do is Lift, tires, reinforce the roof and such in case i tip it. because i want to take it out mudding, wheeling around the campsite and such.

The last week i have been reading countless forums online and still confused on the governor for my cart. because i'd like to increase the speed and then eventually get some gears for more low end T. also what tacho meter i need to install to measure rpms so i don't rev too high.
or is it possible to keep the rev lim and still get like 20-25mph? something im not sure about.

i'd also like to if yall think the engine is not capable of this to swap it.. course i have no idea what motor and axle set up i'd need.
also i've had a hard time finding a wire diagram for lights and adding a radio and marine speakers too it.

basically i've just been looking for how toos in order to do all this stuff, but haven't had much luck with videos or being able to understand alot of the terms or finding some of the stuff they say to look for in just instructions with no pictures or video.

well thanks ahead of time for any help that you all can provide and hope to be a active member of the site!
cgabrie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Newbie with no cart xp

welcome, i would suggest the big block forum or whatever its called but you will get more answers to modding the cart out and the best way, one peice of advice i would give is stay away from messing with the gov. unless you have someone who really knows what to do cause you can cause engine damage.................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

WELCOME TO BGW BIG BLOCKS RULE
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
cgabrie4
Not Yet Wild

yes that i do know, long as i get a meter on and watching everything i should be good, but i'll check that forum out = )

thanks for the input!
cgabrie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car