lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Plum Quick Bandit?

I hate to bother the board with a Plum Quick question but it's Saturday and they are closed.

I recently received a Bandit from Plum Quick. I was fortunate in that Rick had some cores in stock that he was able work from. He sent one to me and I received it quick. I got the thing installed quick and got the running no problem. I noticed an odor when it was first running. Nothing crazy, not a burning smell. Just a chemical-like smell, almost paint-like. I am assuming that that is just normal break-in stuff.

Anyone know if this is normal?

Last edited by Lochlin; 06-04-2011 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Update
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

Default Re: Plum Quick Bandit?

When I put in mine, I do not remember any smells at all. If the paint/ powdercoating on the motor was still fresh, that could be it. How big a controlerdo you have?
scottginfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Thanks Scott. I am only the stock controller. THe motor seemed to be running great so I drove it a bit. The odor went away prety quickly and all is well now so I will chalk this one up to new product burn off.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:28 AM   #4
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

i am going for the PQ rebuild too. what size controller did you go with scott?
gabulldawg83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

I went with the GE 500 amp. I noticed when looking online for controllers they always wanted to know what motor # you had, you know like d391, d388 ect, I called rick @ plum quick and basicly the bandit has stock field maping, whatever that means, so the GE controller was set up for "stock" motor. Made a huge difference in the performance of the cart. You will need to upgrade your wiring also, I went with a true 2 gauge welding cable throughout the cart. Also, Scottyb had the best price in the controller, I ended up stumbling upon one here local. also, I now have "braking" when I let off the throttle, I did not realize I would have that with this controller, I actually like it, and works great.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

im using 4ga wiring. i have the regen so i dont think i want any more assisted braking. i was torn between 400 and 500 with the controller. i wonder what the performance dfference would be between the two.
Old 06-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #7
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

go with the 500, later on you'll want the extra 100 amps Did my buddy ever send you pics of his lift? I let him know yesterday.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:12 PM   #8
gabulldawg83
Getting Wild

Club Car

no. i got yours though. if i had a series cart i would go for it but i think that will too much for my regen.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:45 PM   #9
scottginfla
72 volt torque monster

Club Car

If you have the plum quick I am pretty sure it will handle the 500 amp controller.

The braking I am sure can be removed if wanted, just not in the field, I would probly have to send it back to flight systems to get that done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car