lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #1
cab_01
Not Yet Wild

Default Help Very Frustrated

I have been lurking for awhile. I haven't been able to figure out what is going on with my cart.

Here goes. It is a Robyn 295 4 stroke.

It use to be able to pull the hill by my house pretty good. Then we did not go up that hill for a long time so i am not sure when it lost power. I put the small belt on it per one of the post here. Still does not pull the hill very well. i adjusted the governor to get more power but it did not help.

Then 3 weeks ago it started running bad and then stopped working all together. It looked like it was not getting fuel, so I bought a new fuel pump. It worked fine that day and the next day it stopped again. i thought maybe the carb was dirty, so I took it off and cleaned it out. i took the jets out to make sure they where not clogged. the float looked good. Put it all back together and still did not work. it was dry inside the carb, so no fuel. Made sure fuel was getting to the carb. Took the carb off and it seamed the inlet was clogged. Said screw it and bought a new carb.

Put the new carb on and it worked good. Drove it around the neighborhood and sounded great. Went home and finished putting everything back together. Then it would not start. Popped the air cleaner off and it started. Air cleaner on = no start. So i think ok to much fuel not enough air. Tried adjusting the air fuel mix with no luck. then i realized hey I tightened up the governor to get more power. maybe that is the problem, so i backed it off. It worked much better. Ran it around for awhile and it was still sluggish which I am thinking clutch, because the engine is running very strong. Put it away and then yesterday it didn't want to start again. It eventually did but took a long time.

I have good spark. Great compression. Took off muffler and it is not blocked. New coil last year. new fuel pump, carb, fuel filter, air filter. I am pretty sure I need a new clutch, but which one? They both open. Will a new clutch solve all of my problems? It doesn't seam to me that a clutch would cause the engine not to run right , but who knows.

Any help is appreciated. I need this cart for a trip to the river next monday.
cab_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Help Very Frustrated

welcome to BGW...........what year is the cart?.....jack the rear end up and get it running than with a can of carb cleaner spray the rear crank seal directly to see if rpm,s change do it in both directions......if rpm,s change change crank seals front and rear cause if rear is going bad good chance front one will follow.....................your right clutch won,t effect starting or running poorly.......so see if that does anything and if not depending on year the pulsar coil mounted behind flywheel may be going......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Old carb plugged up, new carb worked for a day. maybe new carb is plugged up.

Old fuel and junk maybe??
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
jack the rear end up and get it running than with a can of carb cleaner spray the rear crank seal directly to see if rpm,s change do it in both directions......if rpm,s change change crank seals front and rear cause if rear is going bad good chance front one will follow)
It's a 4 cycle.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i missed that part...........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #6
Jednlulu113
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you checked the valve clearance? Try adjusting the valves (0.004" between rocker and cam-opposite end of lobe of course!) Your dilemma sounds precisely like my own. I had two bad exhaust valves, would barely start. I'm still having issues but, your case maybe slightly different. Note another point, make sure engine is warm when making adjustment.
Search for "Valve adjustment" within the threads in this site, you're sure to find it.
Good luck.
Jednlulu113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jednlulu113 View Post
Have you checked the valve clearance? Try adjusting the valves (0.004" between rocker and cam-opposite end of lobe of course!) Your dilemma sounds precisely like my own. I had two bad exhaust valves, would barely start. I'm still having issues but, your case maybe slightly different. Note another point, make sure engine is warm when making adjustment.
Search for "Valve adjustment" within the threads in this site, you're sure to find it.
Good luck.
All manuals specifically call for valve adjustments on COLD engines.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #8
Jednlulu113
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I adjusted mine both ways (Cold and Hot), Hot method most recently...but, I digress, I still have trouble.....
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...djustment.html
Old 06-25-2011, 11:03 AM   #9
cab_01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jednlulu113 View Post
Good luck.
It worked Thank you thank you thank you. it is running great now. My exhaust valves were fine. The intake valves were tight. Maybe .001. Adjusted them to .004 and starts right up and pulls the hill by my house like it use to.
cab_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #10
Jednlulu113
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Cab, great to hear you found success! Happy "hills"!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO