lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
khane99
Not Yet Wild

Default golf cart tranny problems

hi my name is mark golf car and i own an older model of a gas club car golf cart with a dump bed. my problem is that my brother shifted the kart into neutral while coasting down a hill and then back into forward as it neared the bottom of the hill when the golf cart finally came to a rest the motor would rev freely and the kart would not move. we tried throwing the shifter into reverse but it was stiff and almost stuck after rolling the kart backwards and forcefully slamming the shifter into reverse we were able to get the kart to go in reverse. it ran fine in reverse but when i would go to throw the shifter forward the kart would still move backwards like it was stuck in reverse. i noted that the tension on the shifter was not as great as it once was when shifting into forward. i took the seat off to take a look at the linkage but everything seems to be fine. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
khane99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: golf cart tranny problems

Welcome Mr golf car, I think it's time to boldly go where no man likes to go, in a tranny!

Then don't let Evil Knucklehead drive it any more.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #3
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: golf cart tranny problems

can u manually shift the shif lever on the top of the transmission with the cable disconnected from the ball there?
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car