lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #1
jonequest
Gone Wild

Default Do motors squeek, I tried everything else.....

I have a 2004 TXT and it squeeks when you are creeping slow like when you first pull out the garage, etc. I thought it was the brakes or bearing. Yesterday I just it on jackstands, pulled both the brake drums, still squeeks, even went so far as pulling out both rear end spline shafts looking at them relubing the decent looking bearings and reinstalling. I also dropped the rear end pan, found it was low on fluid but all gears were wet. I banged out a little dent in the pan repainted it. cleaned everything good with brake cleaner, reassembled and filled with new 30w oil. It still squeeks the same. I can't tell exactly where it is coming from BUT the rythym seems much faster than the rotation of the wheels so I am thinking it's possibly the motor. Has anyone experienced this?

I also have another concern both rear drums and the pads look fine but there is a noticable drag during about 15-20% of the rotation on both sides. I can turn it by hand and it is easy, easy easy easy, then stiffens up for a while then gets easy again. I don't SEE any uneven wear on the drums that would indicate a high spot but something is up. P.S. The squeek happens when these are removed so this is a different issue. Do drums really get that out of round?
jonequest is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Do motors squeek, I tried everything else.....

rear bearing in motor?
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #3
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
rear bearing in motor?
I am thinking the same thing now. I plan to get the PQ treatment soon so I may leave it alone for now.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

do you have a mechanics stethoscope?
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #5
jonequest
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
do you have a mechanics stethoscope?
No I used to but lent it, lost it. It is not too bad just at the very first start off. Mainly in reverse coming out the garage.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO