lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Sluggish up & down hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Charge the batteries fully. Test the pack voltage near the end of the cycle. Should be around 60v's. Let the cart sit for a couple of hours then check it again, should be around 51v's. Do this with a multimeter. Red on + #1 and black on last -. Be sure it is set on DCV and a setting over 50. Usually on general DMM's, it would be set on 200 for the entire pack. Post your results. Also, the cart is more than likely set on speed code 2. It will go up to 4 which will get you up to 19.6mph. While they are reprogramming, you can have them set the regen so the braking is not as aggressive. Speed code 4 will cost you about $150.00. Call a shop that services CC's and ask if they can do it and the cost. They will need your serial# and the number off your controller.
Sorry, ment to hit edit but don't get boat batteries for your cart!
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #12
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbyntx View Post
Charge the batteries fully. Test the pack voltage near the end of the cycle. Should be around 60v's. Let the cart sit for a couple of hours then check it again, should be around 51v's. Do this with a multimeter. Red on + #1 and black on last -. Be sure it is set on DCV and a setting over 50. Usually on general DMM's, it would be set on 200 for the entire pack. Post your results. Also, the cart is more than likely set on speed code 2. It will go up to 4 which will get you up to 19.6mph. While they are reprogramming, you can have them set the regen so the braking is not as aggressive. Speed code 4 will cost you about $150.00. Call a shop that services CC's and ask if they can do it and the cost. They will need your serial# and the number off your controller.
Wow, that's good to know. I do have a local dealer that treated me well with my last cart. I will charge and test the whole pack, I think I checked it yesterday and it was in the fifties. I will do it again and post.
Is there anyway I could check what speed code it is set on?
Thanks for all the info everyone, this is all new to me. The last cart I had was good to me for 5 years, that's why I got another CC.
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYDS View Post
Wow, that's good to know. I do have a local dealer that treated me well with my last cart. I will charge and test the whole pack, I think I checked it yesterday and it was in the fifties. I will do it again and post.
Is there anyway I could check what speed code it is set on?
Thanks for all the info everyone, this is all new to me. The last cart I had was good to me for 5 years, that's why I got another CC.
You have to have a CC programmer to see what it is set on. Most shops will check that for you at no charge and some will move you to code 3 at no charge if its you shop. Do a search for CC speed codes and you will find the MPH max of each code. You can check your speed with a hand held GPS. Get up to full speed and go down a big hill with go pedal wide open (WOT) and see what the regen brake keeps you limited to. That will give you an idea of your code.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #14
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ok, plugged charger in last night. Checked voltage when I got home today;
Total voltage- 50.8
2 batteries 12.7
2 batteries 12.8
Old 10-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Ok, plugged charger in last night. Checked voltage when I got home today;
Total voltage- 50.8
2 batteries 12.7
2 batteries 12.8
Is that after they sat for awhile?
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #16
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Yes, I plugged the charger in after I parked it and called it a night last night. So they've been sitting since whenever the charger shut off last night.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #17
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Yes, I plugged the charger in after I parked it and called it a night last night. So they've been sitting since whenever the charger shut off last night.
Have you tested the same hill with the same results?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:07 PM   #18
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ugh, no, it was too dark by the time I got home. But I charged it before I went up it the first time. Who knows when they were last charged.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #19
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Ugh, no, it was too dark by the time I got home. But I charged it before I went up it the first time. Who knows when they were last charged.
The battery readings look good so I'm not sure. I would further test them under load. Drive up the same hill and test each battery one at a time with the DMM while going up the hill and post the readings. It's possible the batteries are tanking under load.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #20
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by erict View Post
The battery readings look good so I'm not sure. I would further test them under load. Drive up the same hill and test each battery one at a time with the DMM while going up the hill and post the readings. It's possible the batteries are tanking under load.
Whew, that's going to take some talent, driving with the seat off, and holding the DMM on it at the same time........
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car