lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: pds cart from scratch no speed

I don't know. In my experience the DCS produces more torque and runs slightly slower...... Your batteries are coming all the way up. Maybe it is a battery issue?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #12
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

What all is done to this "said" cart? Tell me EVERYTHING about it. From wheels, to solenoid.

Have you load tested the batteries?
What is settled voltage?
Voltage while on charge?
WOT voltage drop?
Controller?
Cables?
Solenoid?
Exact tire size?
Tire inflation?

Tell it's entire story if you can please. The more information the better understanding we will have.
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If I understand you correctly, you have a stock 2008 PDS system installed in a lifted 1997 cart with 22" tires, and it is slower than molasses in January.

The 37.8V battery pack voltage is an issue that needs to be addressed, but probably not making cart slow unless the pack voltage is really dropping low under load.

Here's the schematic I use for my 2008 PDS. You can download the entire Service manual as well as the Owner's manual and Parts manuals from the Sticky:s

You mentioned you replaced the pedal box. Might be wrong part?
J-4 Pin-4 should be 1.0V +/- 0.3V when the solenoid clicks and 2.9V +/- .05V when pedal is fully depressed.

Does cart move freely? Maybe a dragging brake shoe.
Should be able to move cart with one hand on ground while sitting in cart.

Which "Chip" is plugged into J-2 on controller. If none or Steep hill (Blue jumper wire between pins 2&3) max speed will be about 13MPH.
With Mild hill it'll be about 14.5 and with the "Freedom" chip is is about 18MPH.

Also might be motor speed sensor problem.

I'm not sure if the DCS carts had a different rear end raito than the PDS carts, but it ought to move in the 20MPH range with 22" tires.

Since it is running, I'm guessing the problem is something like the wrong voltage from the ITS or the controller not getting RPM info from the motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - PDS.JPG (64.6 KB, 2 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #14
jaslar12002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I was wrong on voltage went and rechecked was over 40 this morning don't have digital gauge the dcs cart had sepex motor off it so don't think rearend no drag what would happen if solinoid or thing that jumps to either side result in
jaslar12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
Spawn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Did you re-use the DCS motor? If so its because you dont have the speed sensor installed. You need the PDS style motor that has the port for the speed sensor. I dont think you can swap a DCS motor in a PDS cart but you can swap a PDS motor in a DCS cart. Check the speed sensor wire.
Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #16
jaslar12002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

got it figured out started removing part from my other pds cart starting with throttle sensor checked good. so then i tried my solenoid components check ok. so finally switched controllers and that was the problem runs great now so scotty B has made another sale of a pds controller and run tow switch housing. will be posting picks of the cart soon.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #17
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Check out the end of my build thread at my run/tow switch housing
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:23 AM   #18
jaslar12002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah I already had one of those housings with my old silver cart I loved it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO