lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
S Cygan8
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help installing AMP. with Stereo and speakers

Ok, on your amp your gonna have three terminals on the left side and four on the right. on the opposite end you should have one or possibly two rca's. You need a 12 volt source, goes to +. Ground goes to neg. Blue wire is remote, goes in between the pos,+ and neg.-. should say remote on the amp. that turns power on to the amp when your radio turns on. Then hook up your two speakers two the four terminals on the right side of your amp. One wire in the according terminal. Thenon the other side of the amp is your rca, should be red and white. You connect them from the back of the radio to the according inputs on the amp. These send the "music" from head unit to amp then the speakers. You should have sound after that. Make sure and pull the fuse on the amp till all wiring is finished and the neg. is unhooked on the cart itself. The side with the rca inputs should be the adjusting knobs for output/loudness to the speakers. Make sure and turn the down before you start and adjust after you have everything hooked up and radio is on, just so there aint to much power goin to the speakers and they blow up.
S Cygan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Took a peek at the owner's manuals for your KMR-330 and MA6002.

The JBL amp does not accept a high level input, so you'll have to run audio cables from the "Front Preamp" out RCA jacks (The ones on the short cable coming from the upper right ov the backpanel - not the Rear/Sub jacks mounted on the rear panel) on the Kenwood to the "Input" RCA jacks on the JBL.

Speakers are pretty straightforward. Two wires to each from the amp as shown in Fig-7 on Pg-5 or the owner's manual.
Be sure to wire the speakers + to + and - to - so the are in phase with each outer.

It sounds like you've got power wired to the Kenwood and it is working.

Power to JBL is roughly the same. +12V from 36-12V reducer. B- to B- on battery pack or wherever you picked it up for the Kenwood. DO NOT Ground to frame.

The Remote terminal between the + & - power terminals on the JBL should be connected the the "Remote" cable on the Kenwood so the amp turns on/off with head unit.

Hopefully you've check the power requirements. Kenwood is 10A and JBL is 22A, so your 36-12V reducer should be 32A or better.
You won't be running any speakers from the Kenwood, so the power useage will be less than 10A, but it'll use at least 2-3 when you play CDs.

The "Setting Input Sensitivity" on pg-6 of the JBL manual tells you how to get max sound out of the system.

Hope this helps,
John
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:45 AM   #23
brownt335
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Okay, Houston, we are go for throttle up!
Thanks to all helpers on this, what should have been simple , install! S Cyran8, JohnnieB and others, were great help!
Problem was, I think, the way I connected head to reducer! Heads red/yellow,or egn/12V together. Had remote from head to remo. to amp, reducer power to + & - to amp but still no power! Checked everything over and over, caught the RED A## and Quit! Had a few cocktails and took a brake.
I know I'm not the" fastest plane in the hanger" but this ain't that hard! After some gumbo and a cig. went back at it. Crossed the remo. with + side, on back of amp. with jumper and amp. powered-up. I guess because the yellow/red were together from head made this necessary. Anyway, still had no sound. Adjusted amp. input levels and presto!
This thing really rocks! Been playing with controls to get sound looking for. Thanks again for everyones help! Now i'm goin for more cocktails! Ha!!.... Later!
brownt335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #24
S Cygan8
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Brown, glad you got everything powered up. Bet it sounds good and loud! Sometimes a little break and cocktails are all ya need! Be careful of the voltage draw, amps can draw alot. If its drawing to much you can install a capacitor between your amp and reducer. Fairly cheap on ebay, and makes a big difference on the amount of juice your drawing. They act like a mini batt, store power, what have ya. I run one on all my stuff. Just something to think about.
S Cygan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:14 PM   #25
brownt335
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks man! This kinda stuff I like to do but a newbie! Like I had to tell ya!
Gonna do the capasitor thing too, just gotta catch my breath.
Thanks again! Later....
Old 02-01-2012, 01:00 PM   #26
Tid@lW@ve
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I stand correct on my grounding comment. LOL As I said I was a Noob to the cart word, but know my way around "car" stereos. I see now that grounding to an electric cart is bad because of it uses a floating ground. As I need to change mine I guess. But good job on your install!!! Keep on lml - - lml (Rockin)!!!!
Tid@lW@ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #27
brownt335
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It's all good TIDAL WAVE!
Thanks for input!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO