lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Starting upgrades assistance

My cart was fine with all that equipment on 36v. I could keep up with the DCS/PDS carts just fine. Then I went to 48v and left them behind.....
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2012, 10:21 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On a regular basis…
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

Good thing there is no competition between you guys! LOL...With all of that info on the lift kit, the calculator in my brain has started to melt. If I'm completely honest with myself, the lift kit and larger tires are for my ego just because I like the way it looks but not a necessity since I just ride it around my property or to the neighbors to visit. So, I guess the accessory that makes the most sense would be the light kit. (I hate doing the logical things)
Can you guys tell me how much using lights cuts into the running time?
Again, thank you for the info!
tece50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:27 PM   #14
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

My cart is a campground cart and only gets used (a lot) on weekends. I have never run it dead in a day or a night. It gets charged Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night, sits the rest of the week. Plenty of 12v draw from lights, stereo, neon, cell phone charger. I'm pretty good about battery maintenance, so it's not a problem for me. If you were to get a 48v-12v convertor you would be in great shape.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:08 AM   #15
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tece50 View Post
Can you guys tell me how much using lights cuts into the running time?
Again, thank you for the info!
Look at the size wires going to the lights and to the motor. Unless you leave the lights on when you aren't driving, you probably couldn't even measure the difference in run time.

As to upgrades, I have a '98 TXT series, and I chose to drive the batteries into the dirt before making an upgrade decision. Once I decided they were too far gone to reliably take me and my wife on our several mile run, I chose to buy eight 6 volt batteries, upgraded my controller to an Alltrax 4855, big solenoid, upgraded my battery cables, and my FNR switch. I also bought an Exray speedo, which also does voltage. You'll need a good volt meter, which actually gives you numbers.

It was a $2,000 upgrade, but my last batteries lasted 9 years, so I'm hoping this will last me for a while.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #16
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The route I went was Battery Cables, Lift Kit, Tires/Wheels, Controller / Solenoid, Batteries, all the other fun stuff..

Now that being said, if I was to do it all over again, I would have started off with the controller and solenoid. Then I would have a functioning stock controller to sell. The lift kit and tires/wheels killed my stock controller.
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
tece50
Getting Wild

Club Car

This is like a sickness! All I have done for 2 weeks is read, study and read some more! Even though I REALLY want the lift kit and wheels/tires (and the parts that are required to make it work that you have all enlightened me on), guess I'll get a light kit first since I need it, but do I need to get a voltage converter as well or does it come with the light kit? I've seen a lot of light kits between 79-89.00 and didn't know if there was a particular kit that is better than the other. Also I would rather spend the little bit I have right now with any of you given the fact you have offered so much help.
tece50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Voltage convertors are sold seperately. If you buy one make sure it can work on 36v packs as well as 48v packs (for the future...). You don't want to buy things twice.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Buy one big enough for "current" and future needs. Stereo, lights, horn, ...
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #20
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry to but in, How amps output is a good size I have seen them from 10a to 30a
Pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO