lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Will not go forward

I have a question about my ezgo. I have a 2008 ezgo it just now started this problem! When you mash the pedal all the way to the floor it sounds like a clutch slipping in the rear end? It will not back up either. But if I barely mash to go forward it will creep slow and then start going faster. Not real sure whats going on here any HELP ????? Bart
bamaboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: Will not go forward

Welcome to BGW

sounds like a striped brake hub,

you have to be able to see the castle nut in the middle of your rear wheels, if you have a center cap covering the nut, you need to remove it, when you can see the castle nut holding the hub on the axle, --- this will take two people to do, one of you put your foot on the brake and push the go pedal easy, JUST for a second, and the other needs to see if the NUT in the middle of the wheel is spinning, and the wheel is not, start with the driver side, but check both , this is a common problem with ezgo, let us know what you find, its a easy fix if this is your problem. block up the front tires, so the cart can't run off, Safety
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If this is an easy fix and the stripped hub is my problem what do I need to buy to replace the hub so this might not happen again? I am new at golf carts so I hope this will not be to big of a challenge...Is there any pictures on here so I will know what i am looking at or looking for? Thanks for the quick response!!!! I am going to tackle this tomorrow evening.........
Old 03-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

bama

This is the only pic that I can find that I have in which Rib was talking to you about, this pic just shows the axle with the lift in place, but it show the rear brake hub. Hope it helps.

LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks lost husker going to look at this tomorrow!!! just hope its simple and easy!!
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

http://cartsunlimited.net/Ezgo_Pinch_Hubs.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #7
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

quick question? does the hub come off by taking the 4 nuts off the back of the hub? then does it just slide off? got wheels off and both castle nuts off but can not seem to get the hub off.....
Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboys View Post
quick question? does the hub come off by taking the 4 nuts off the back of the hub? then does it just slide off? got wheels off and both castle nuts off but can not seem to get the hub off.....
With castle nuts off drums should come off. Make sure hill brake is not set. (don't ask how I know). May have to collapse shoes with star wheel. Turn star wheel down (counterclockwise).
Quote from Scottyb: "The drum can rust onto the axle shaft. With the shoes adjusted in like the kernal said, you can use a hammer to help you remove the drum. Grab a hold of one of the studs with one hand and tap on the side of the drum with the hammer. You may have to turn the drum after a few taps and try again It's important to be pulling in tapping the same time. This gets 90% of the drums off for me. The other 10% a drum puller.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
bamaboys
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Kernal for the info!! Well I got them off and the driver side hub inside smoothhhhhhhh! But the passenger side looks good! I see where Scottyb sent me a link too the ezgo pinch hubs. Are these the way to go? And also does the bolts that pinch the hub do they interfere with the rims? I have aftermarket wheels on the cart and if I went this way making sure they do not hit the rim. Thanks again for all the information everyone has gave me!!!!! Bart
Old 03-20-2012, 11:33 AM   #10
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Those hubs that Scotty sent you the link on will be stronger then stock ones, yes they will work on aftermarket wheels, should be no problem.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO