lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #21
michaelleiterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: My Yamaha G2 Build Thread

@toadaddy I can't thank you enough! I clicked the button and the motor turned over. I then put the key in and pressed on the gas pedal and voila! I had power! Took it for a test drive and using an app I have on my phone that is very accurate, I topped out on the flat ground at 24 mph!!! Now I think I might get a clutch kit and go from there!
michaelleiterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #22
michaelleiterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Oh! and banshee, do you think these are close to what you have on your "rig"? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gabriel-Shoc...8246%26ps%3D54
Old 04-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Those are just standard twin tube gas shocks....not an air shock. Air shocks hold air pressure in them to hold up the weight of the vehicle...much like the coil spring shock does on your cart right now. If you put those aero star shocks on your cart they would not have any weight baring capabilities...so your front end would just sit on the ground!
bansheemxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 AM   #24
michaelleiterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheemxer View Post
Those are just standard twin tube gas shocks....not an air shock. Air shocks hold air pressure in them to hold up the weight of the vehicle...much like the coil spring shock does on your cart right now. If you put those aero star shocks on your cart they would not have any weight baring capabilities...so your front end would just sit on the ground!
Oh okay. Well that would suck. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #25
michaelleiterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Has anyone put one of those HD clutch kits on? I think i may put one on...oh! and banshee, these are more like the ones you have? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gabriel-4922...ac0987&vxp=mtr
Old 04-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
bansheemxer
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Yes those are the shocks!
bansheemxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #27
michaelleiterman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Annnnd here she is all finished. (just have to get plastic rivets for the rubber panels) Platidip paint is a b**** to work with, I do not recommend it. The front end is Rustoleum bedliner which had a weird color to it so I hit it with a coat of the plastidip for a uniform color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BX8CkxzCYAA6h2n.jpg (117.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-03-2013, 01:14 AM   #28
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Check for power at the two small wires at the solenoid.. They should be powered up whenever the key is on and the pedal is pressed. If you are seeing less than 10v, but your battery is not dropping, you have problems at the pedal switch or wiring. If small terminals are above 10v, but the solenoid doesn't click, solenoid is bad. I have seen some failures in the lead terminal at the battery posts. Also, i recommend starting with a HD belt from erlandson, and a Yamaha U-MAX rear clutch spring. Thats all i am using right now, pulls good, spins the tires at take-off.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:06 PM   #29
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I like your G2. I've used that rustoleum bedliner on a lot of stuff the last couple of years. I actually painted my whole motorcycle in it. I did black accents but the pain parts (Tank and fenders) I painted in the tan then sprayed white over it. I love that rustoleum stuff.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #30
dragos28
Gone Wild

Nice!
I'm also in the process of building my G2.. just waiting for parts to come in :D
dragos28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha