lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2012, 10:48 PM   #11
Diesel Power
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Conflict in wiring directions

When i check the voltage under a load, what would be considered to low for the controller Scotty?

Also, what would be the next performance upgrade i could do for this particular cart? Could i use the same stuff with more Volts?
Diesel Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2012, 10:49 PM   #12
Diesel Power
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The black and white are interchangeable. No worries there.
Thanks
Old 11-25-2012, 05:40 AM   #13
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Power View Post
Haha, yes Scotty its Ronnie P. How do i adjust said switch?

I have know idea what the voltage dips too. I'm sure all Batteries are good and hot as it will last my wife all weekend. It will also pull very good while its working. Nothing weak are laggy about it that would suggest a bad battery is in the mix.

I will hook my volt meter to it tomorrow and see what the drop is while under a load.
Attached pages show how to mechanically align the ITS plunger and microswitch.
Note: The voltages given are for a stock controller, so yours will be different.

You can download the Owner, the Service and the parts manuals for your cart from the Stickies at the top of this forum.
They are the three .pdf files in this post: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

-------------

Batteries ought to be recharged after each use.
Here is a Voltage vs State of Charge chart.
The voltages given are taken about 12 hours after charger turns off, but a 3 minute ride followed by a 10 minute rest will also deplete surface charge.

Note: A full charge for a 36V battery pack is 38.2V and 36.0V is less than 50% charged.
Deep cycle batteries used in carts, don't play by the same rules as the SLI batteries used to start Diesel engines.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS Adjust - Series Pg1.JPG (54.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS Adjust - Series Pg2.JPG (47.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg StateofChargeChart.jpg (53.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #14
Diesel Power
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

WOW! Thanks for the information in detail. Well, according to this info i definitely have a battery issue for sure. I put the cart on charge yesterday around noon and decided to go out and do this voltage test a few min ago. The reading i got before the ride was 37.6, ridding under full acceleration the lowest voltage seen was 29.6 while pulling and leveling off to 33.xx. Also did a hill stall on a hill to steep to clime, 32 volts is where it leveled off at under full throttle without moving. Am i correct thinking i do have a possible bad battery in the mix?

The charger blinks green while charging, once charged it goes to a solid green. I assume this is normal and the charger can be eliminated as a possible cause?

Thanks again for the help, its greatly appreciated!
Old 11-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Power View Post
WOW! Thanks for the information in detail. Well, according to this info i definitely have a battery issue for sure. I put the cart on charge yesterday around noon and decided to go out and do this voltage test a few min ago. The reading i got before the ride was 37.6, ridding under full acceleration the lowest voltage seen was 29.6 while pulling and leveling off to 33.xx. Also did a hill stall on a hill to steep to clime, 32 volts is where it leveled off at under full throttle without moving. Am i correct thinking i do have a possible bad battery in the mix?

The charger blinks green while charging, once charged it goes to a solid green. I assume this is normal and the charger can be eliminated as a possible cause?

Thanks again for the help, its greatly appreciated!
37.6V is less than 85% charged for a 36V battery pack, and far less than the pack should have read within about 24 hours of being charged.

That could mean a battery issue or a charger issue.
After the charger turns off (Green LED stays on continuously), unplug it for the cart and plug it back in about 10 minutes later. And then monitor battery pack's on-charge voltage.

It should climb into the 44-46 volt range before the Green LED come on continuously again.
Being fully charged, it shouldn't take the pack long to reach the cut-off voltage.

In general terms you shouldn't load the batteries down past 1.75 per cell (31.5V for a 36V pack) during normal operation and never take them below 1.5V per cell (27.0V for a 36V pack) except in dire emergencies.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #16
Diesel Power
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok, after a brief 30min are so i went back out and noticed the volt meter is now sitting at 38.1

I will try the charger UN plug then re plug and see if the voltage is in the proper range you speak of.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
Diesel Power
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The cart.
The voltage @ idle 38.1
The voltage @ charge 42.1

Old 11-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #18
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Nice cart

AWESOME view
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #19
Diesel Power
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks!

Well the wife went for a ride and made it 2 miles around the lake. She called and said its dead and I'm pissed! "LOl" She let it sit for a min are so and it took off heading back home, as she was pulling back in the drive way it died once again. Got the volt meter and checked the voltage after the ride back and it showed 37.9 sitting idle. Also the controller light has a solid green light with no sign of anything getting hot.

So, does this sound like the micro switch on throttle going bad?

All these golf cart issues are interfering with my football games.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #20
Diesel Power
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have no clue as to what is going on here! Cart has been on charge since 3:30 and is now showing 47.8 Volts. It will also operate as if nothing was ever wrong with it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO