lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default AllTrax AXE400 Stock Program

Anyone know what the stock settings are on the All Trax before I start trying to program it?

Is there a reason to hook this thing up to a computer and give it a go? Is there anything worth modding in the software?

Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: AllTrax AXE400 Stock Program

If you bought it from somebody who does not give you a program printout then it is worth buying the cable and installing the program on your computer to check it out.
As you may have read I program every control before it ships and send a printout of the controller set up to the customer. Consequently, I have looked at hundreds of 'factory set' controls. For the most part they are the same but values do vary. For power, they are almost all set to 100% output, although I have seen some 90-95%. For speed they are all set to 100%

The low voltage cutoff is typically set too low. This allows for damage to the battery pack. I set this higher, usually 33% below the rated pack voltage to safe guard the battery pack.
Throttle up and down are all over the map, lol. I have my preferences and the same with the throttle curves.

Is turbo on or off? Don't know? This will effect your hill climb performance.
1/2 speed reverse on? I don't like it for off road use.
I suggest you have a look and see what your setting are.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Right on, guess it IS something else to play with

Thanks Scotty
Old 11-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I haven't played with the settings on my DCX400 yet (), but I'm considering the following.

I don't want the voltage under load to drop below 1.75V per cell on my new batteries, so that's where I'm going to set the under-voltage cut-off. That would be 42.0V for a 48V system, 36.8V for a 42V system and 31.5V for a 36V system.

As the batteries age, or I get shutoffs during relative normal conditions, I may have to lower it some, but physical damage to the plates (Surface shedding and other bad stuff) can occur when the voltage under load drops below 1.5V per cell, so the lowest I'd set the under-voltage slider to is 36.0V for a 48V pack, 31.5V for a 42V pack and 27.0V for a 36V pack.

One of my plans is to correlate amps being drawn from pack to the under-load pack voltage and since the batteries are in series, the ratio should hold hold true for any pack voltage with same number of amps being drawn.

----------
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the Turbo mode is a misnomer.
I believe it actually limits the number of amps the controller will allow the motor to draw during normal operation.
Only after the pedal has been on the floor for a second or more, will the controller pass its rated amps.
With Turbo set to Off, you get 100% as soon as you put the pedal to the metal, with due respect for the throttle up rate selected.

This is something else to investigate.

Have fun Dela.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I haven't played with the settings on my DCX400 yet (), but I'm considering the following.

I don't want the voltage under load to drop below 1.75V per cell on my new batteries, so that's where I'm going to set the under-voltage cut-off. That would be 42.0V for a 48V system, 36.8V for a 42V system and 31.5V for a 36V system.

As the batteries age, or I get shutoffs during relative normal conditions, I may have to lower it some, but physical damage to the plates (Surface shedding and other bad stuff) can occur when the voltage under load drops below 1.5V per cell, so the lowest I'd set the under-voltage slider to is 36.0V for a 48V pack, 31.5V for a 42V pack and 27.0V for a 36V pack.

One of my plans is to correlate amps being drawn from pack to the under-load pack voltage and since the batteries are in series, the ratio should hold hold true for any pack voltage with same number of amps being drawn.

----------
I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think the Turbo mode is a misnomer.
I believe it actually limits the number of amps the controller will allow the motor to draw during normal operation.
Only after the pedal has been on the floor for a second or more, will the controller pass its rated amps.
With Turbo set to Off, you get 100% as soon as you put the pedal to the metal, with due respect for the throttle up rate selected.

This is something else to investigate.

Have fun Dela.

You are correct about the Turbo mode.
I would allow dips slightly lower than you are thinking just so that the control is not blipping off/on with the momentary dips I see under load at times.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I would allow dips slightly lower than you are thinking just so that the control is not blipping off/on with the momentary dips I see under load at times.
You're right, no sense in having the controller shutting-down under load.
I'll probably go with 1.5V/cell initially and keep an eye on the DVM.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Also folks, please remember you can save these setting to your computer. The new Alltrax controllers are a great step forwards. Make your changes and save the settings and please name the setting so you don't get it confused with another change you might do. Then if you don't like the changes you made you can always go back to stock.

Oh ya. I should suggest you save the settings that came with your controller as a Stock setting. You can always go back to stock if you mess something up!.

I'm glad you are asking about these new controllers. From my speaking with company individuals we should have more program to play with in the coming year.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #8
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
and keep an eye on the DVM.
I can't stop staring at mine - it's worse then texting while driving right now!

That little DVM is so cool - I get a kick out of staring at it watching it go down and up as I turn on/off lights or park, whatever.....

hope I don't crash
Old 11-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #9
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonkulor View Post
From my speaking with company individuals we should have more program to play with in the coming year.

Nice - that's reason enough for me to start playing - cord order on the way!
Old 11-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
Gonkulor
Astronautilator

E-Z-GO

Dela, you got the bug. LOL

But anywho, if you have a USB cable from a printer. That will work to. The USB cable for the controller is not anything grand or specific. I have a couple of those cables laying around from previous crap I have purchased. If you don't have on I bet you know someone who has one. No need to go spend 20 bucks if you can find one locally.
Gonkulor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO