lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: Bravo engine in G1 clutch question

All I can tell you for sure is you need the pipe on the bravo for it to run right, or a tuned pipe that works similar. You can't cut the length down to fit, it will detune the pipe. It will still run better than the stocker, but not like in the sled. You can turn the pipe long as length and diameter stays the same as it was.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2013, 04:14 AM   #12
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I keep reading mention of a Bravo putting out 20+hp. I expect in a cart it would be closer to 15ish hp due to ignition and pipe.
More than stock G1,yes. but definitely not what it could be.

Tony, you have selected an expansion chamber for your swap, how close is that pipe tuned to what the motor needs? I have not seen mention what the pipe is from?
Do you have a silencer on it yet?
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
tony-g1
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieN View Post
I keep reading mention of a Bravo putting out 20+hp. I expect in a cart it would be closer to 15ish hp due to ignition and pipe.
More than stock G1,yes. but definitely not what it could be.

Tony, you have selected an expansion chamber for your swap, how close is that pipe tuned to what the motor needs? I have not seen mention what the pipe is from?
Do you have a silencer on it yet?
CharlieN I got a banshee pipe on it and I put a banshee silencer no it all so. I had bought it for the G1 motor. But when I got the bravo motor I thought I would try it, that or the stock G1 pipe I have. I know its not the optimum pipe but its what I had laying around. I haven't rode it much but It seams to run pretty good and it rev good on the stand. I need a new driven clutch [28 years old] to tell how it does under a load. But you guys are right on the correct pipe, I just hope I am close. The bravo sled is not a hi proformas sled so the pipe could be better like the stock pipe on a G1 could be better, I know the bravo is a 250cc and the G1 is a 215cc and a banshee is a 175cc per cylinder but it is a expansion chamber so what the heck. That is my theory any way. Hopping for the best.

Here is what I did to the bravo stater mount for clearance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0107131856a.jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg bravo start cut off.jpg (172.4 KB, 0 views)
tony-g1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #14
CharlieN
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony-g1 View Post
CharlieN I got a banshee pipe on it and I put a banshee silencer no it all so. I had bought it for the G1 motor. But when I got the bravo motor I thought I would try it, that or the stock G1 pipe I have. I know its not the optimum pipe but its what I had laying around.

Here is what I did to the bravo stater mount for clearance.
That pipe has a good fit, nice clean cut for the starter clearance as well.
I started looking of ebay at pipes from dirt bikes. My thoughts are some of the older 250s are not that highly tuned and the operating range may be in reach of what the cart may achieve.
CharlieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #15
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The G1 runs the same rpm as the 4 stroke, so about 3800 peak power and runs good at 2500. This is very low for a 2 stroke, and why it has reeds and a very long pipe to tune it that low rpm. The porting of course is the same way, the pipe and porting need to match.

Wow, look at this....does that muffler look familiar?
Though the bravo are only rated 18hp.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
The G1 runs the same rpm as the 4 stroke, so about 3800 peak power and runs good at 2500. This is very low for a 2 stroke, and why it has reeds and a very long pipe to tune it that low rpm. The porting of course is the same way, the pipe and porting need to match.

Wow, look at this....does that muffler look familiar?
The "New" 2011 Yamaha Bravo 250 Snowmobile Review - YouTube
Though the bravo are only rated 18hp.
"Only" 18 hp? That's alot more than "9" on a stocker! LOL
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #17
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
"Only" 18 hp? That's alot more than "9" on a stocker! LOL
Yes but about the same motor in the older enticer 250 were rated 23hp. Maybe they would rev more.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:14 PM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
Yes but about the same motor in the older enticer 250 were rated 23hp. Maybe they would rev more.
That's exactly why I chose the Enticer, but either should be a big difference over the stocker. Extra rpm = more speed; Extra power = get there faster! LOL. My G1 needs all the help it can get. If I get a 25% improvement I'd be pretty happy!

So using a 18hp Bravo with a mismatched pipe = 15hp?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Hard to say what an unknown pipe will do. I can't have a sled engine where I ride sometimes it would be too loud. Also wanted a new engine so the clone was a simple choice. Sled motor would be cool in another cart however, maybe some day. I love the sound of a 2 stroke in the morning, afternoon, or night. Put a little bean oil in there and it would be perfect.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha