lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 Lift question

You can lift the rear with no problem, its only the front that will be a problem. If you jack up the front you will see what we mean. If the tires lean in at the top now then likely the stock shocks are about done for, they should be straight with a rider on the cart, or close to it. Yeah G1s are not the best riding carts out there but are also getting up there in age so the shocks would be suspect if original. I was just reading about a guy that used harley air shocks on his so he could adjust them.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

My back is saying softer ride but there is no way i will let the G1 go. I grew up on a YZ80 and raced 125's two strokes so the G1 stays. By the way... just my by my figures. If you recarb and do away with the reducer, go with a new reedplate and new boyensen reeds change the exaust of coase run more oil in the fuel, I cant see why this cart wont be a rocket. Not that I want to do it but... heheh
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #13
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The biggest power-killer on 2-stroke carts is timing(lack of it actually)They run them at or near TDC,so that they will run in both directions(your engine is also your transmission).If you give it enough timing to run good in forward,it won't have reverse.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:02 PM   #14
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Ya your right but with those 3 things carb, reed block/plate and exaust. I bet the cart would do 30 minimum with way more take off speed. You ever see the tiny reed block they stuck in there. I like it like this cause a tank of gas lasts a month or two. but the potencial is right there.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #15
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I got 25mph out of my Ez-Go 2-stroke.All stock except for Shimmed Primary-Clutch,Open-Element Air-Filter,and 22"-tires(cut gearing down).It took some distance,but it got there.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:53 PM   #16
1989Marathon
Gone Wild

I had my old 1981 G1 up to 42mph on level ground before I backed it down. It would have gone faster. Bigger carb is the key to getting there, but you'll have to do a few other things too. I built that cart over 6 years ago and it is still running strong.

1989Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

1989, just as i figured... the first time i saw the carb and reed block I honestly thought a previous owner changed it and put the wrong one in.. after checking.. that was stock. If I had this thing back in my racing days I guarentee it would be smoking the tires and doing 40 mph, but now i kinda like a tame little mouse that dont burn gas or blow up. hehe
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The g1 I worked over was way over 30mph on stock tires, and stock carb/exhaust as well. You can advance the timing some and it will get sluggish in reverse. It makes reverse close to 0 advance, and I did that on the one I ran. Also hand sanded the exhaust port out some, cut the head, worked on the clutches, some other little things. It was a fast cart out of 60 to start with. It would smoke the tire on bare pavement, do powerslides all day on grass and gravel. And well it was fairly new at the time too lol. Oh the fun days back then....

But what you really need is the enticer jug on it to get more porting. There is a place that posted here years back that would port them for you.

Just remember that carb is for 9hp, and it will make more than that lol.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:55 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1989Marathon View Post
I had my old 1981 G1 up to 42mph on level ground before I backed it down. It would have gone faster. Bigger carb is the key to getting there, but you'll have to do a few other things too. I built that cart over 6 years ago and it is still running strong.

Modded Yamaha G1
Mmmmmm that sounds nice!
Have to admit I rather a 340 in there if I were to build one not just mod one. The twins sound so sweet.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

One might use something like an ovation exhaust, it was a 340 and tuned pretty mild.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha