lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
Hemi
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 EZGO Non-DCS No Go after battery install backward

New here, working on a 95 ezgo non-dcs cart from what I can tell.Before this the cart worked fine but had bad batteries. Pop's put in new batteries and had them installed by mistake backwards and and hooked up reverse polarity then no cart movement. Next he tried to run 36 volts to the pedal switch from the hot side of the solinoid and smoked the jumper wire. I got involved and figured out batts were in backward and hooked up wrong. I removed all and started over. All batts are in correct and cables are correct to the solinoid and controller. Still no go. Batts are at 37.9 volts. The solinoid never clicks or pulls in with key on and pedal depressed. This cart does not have the tow/maint switch. The reverse buzzer does work. I disconnected the batts from the solinoid and with jumpers cables was able to get teh solinoid to click/ pull in without hesitation. I also checked the charging port and have 37.8 volts and did not see any reed switch set up. Any help in trouble shooting would be greatly appreciated. i am hoping it did not smoke the controller ?
Hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: 95 EZGO Non-DCS No Go after battery install backward

Welcome to BGW

first thing i would do is get the rear wheels up off the ground/ on some jack stands, so if the cart works/runs while your working on it - it won't run away or run over someone, you need to get the solenoid to click when you press the pedal, hook your DVM meter to the two small post on the solenoid + and - and turn the key on and press the go pedal - With the rear wheels off the ground first and see if you have pack volts at the to small post? if not do this test, you can run a hot wire to the solenoid to see if it will run for a test to see if the controller is still good, get out your DVM and see which one of the small wires on the solenoid is hot, and ground, run a jumper wire to the hot side of the solenoid and see if the solenoid clicks, if it does you need to check the micro switch in the pedal box, and at the F/R switch there should be two on the F/R switch,, pull the floor mat up and open the pedal box and check the micro switch in there, the micro's blow when the batteries are hooked up backwards, and if those batteries are at 37 volts you need to check the water/distilled only- and make sure it's 1/4" above the plates and charge them, it is not good for them to be sitting at 37 volts
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
crash test dummy

Old 06-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Hemi, RIB has you on the right track......so with that, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, dad's, wive's, husband's, girlfriend's and boyfriend's here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO