lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #51
TNT99
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Plum quick motor, any one run one??

No brake drag. Tires are on high side-20 lbs.
TNT99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #52
greg-g
Gone Wild

I have the Code 5 always wondered what it would do with a PQ motor, maybe you could try it. He has a money back policy, if it does not work.

If you do try it let Me know if it works.
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:03 PM   #53
TNT99
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It was suppose to have code 4 installed but when I checked it was 3 so I just programmed 4 and got 26 mph. I'm not sure what code 5 is?
Old 01-18-2014, 11:12 PM   #54
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPatten View Post
Thanks. I still haven't figured out how to get my cart posted.

My cart is getting the same motor right now. Probably pick it up the first of the week.
By the way, let me tell y'all why I am getting a new motor.....

I took my cart to an authorized CC dealer for new batteries and such. They put new Trojans in as requested but not the cables I wanted but they work for what I have. While there, I asked them what motor I had because I wanted to put the speed magnet in. I was told the ADM or whatever it is that would take the magnet but it was not the GE motor which won't.

Well, I ordered the magnet. Finally decided to put it in. Started to remove the plate and realized that something was wrong. It was the GE motor. The magnet won't work and I cannot reassemble the motor plate. So it is off to King of Carts who breaks the news to me that I screwed up. Not the first time.

Choices are $'s to fix the motor or order from PQ. Well PQ is cheaper, a lot having to due with the close proximity and shipping probably, and I get a stronger and faster motor. The Bandit style motor is what is coming.

What really beats my butt is that I was told the magnet would work in the motor in the buggy at the time I asked.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:27 AM   #55
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Unless you tried to drive the cart the GE motor can be put back together. Been there done that. For the same reasons you did. If you are paying for the motor repair then I guess it is just as well to go with the new motor. Let us know how it works out.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #56
TNT99
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg-g View Post
I have the Code 5 always wondered what it would do with a PQ motor, maybe you could try it. He has a money back policy, if it does not work.

If you do try it let Me know if it works.
Greg-G what is code 5? I have a CC programmer, I program code 4 pretty often but never heard of code 5.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:08 AM   #57
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

TNT 99 code 5 is a program you can get via search the net. They have a programmer they send you to hook to your cart. It does work good. I have had it on my cart for a month or 2 with no problems. Better toque also.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #58
B-quick
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesam View Post
Anyone notice how many times lately that the cheapest (AKA free) speed improvement people are mentioning, seems to be inspecting and improving the accelerator pedal throw? Seems to me that its a weak/wear spot in many versions of Club Car!
Quick fix, pull mcor out and remove aluminum rod that goes into the mcor and there is 2 little studs that cradle around the pedal. I took a pair of channel locks and closed the gap as they had spread a little due to wear and tear. Quick fix while you wait on a replacement.
B-quick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #59
RPatten
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Unless you tried to drive the cart the GE motor can be put back together. Been there done that. For the same reasons you did. If you are paying for the motor repair then I guess it is just as well to go with the new motor. Let us know how it works out.
The answer is YES, I have two sons trying to help out. It was driven.
RPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car