lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: power up kit?

I don't know how much more speed you're looking for, but I put the Plowman's hot set up on my G16 about a year ago. The speed is difference is awesome! I can tell you that there was an electronic speed limit sign in my neighborhood that checks your speed as you drive towards it, and the speed was at 30 when I passed. Pretty impressive for a golf cart.
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
walshg16
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

30 is a bit much since I wont be the only driver , really just looking to keep 20 with a lift kit
walshg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #13
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I understand. then you're probably better with the clutch changes and governer modification that you already mentioned.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
dbmachine
Gone Wild

30 mph is hauling the mail on a cart. Thats awesome hopefully don will have a kit soon for my 2013. Looking for about 25 mph top speed and a lot of bottom end accleration, pulling power and bottom end grunt. He says when the kit is ready i will be a happy man.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:01 AM   #15
Mike D
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have been very impressed with the performance. I don't run the cart like that very often, but it is nice to know that kind of performance is available. I can tell you that there is a growing number of golf cart owners in my neighborhood and in a few campgrounds that weren't ready for that when they lined up for a straight line challenge with me.....
Old 11-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #16
Chief800
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I put power kit on my g2, (replaced both sheaves, spring and spring seat)torque is unreal but my top in speed is cut way back. Powerful takeoff and tops out quick. Runs very high rpms on top end.
I'm going to put the stock spring back in it and see what happens. Hoping to get my top end back and still have pulling power.
Chief800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
Chief800
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Put the stock spring back in and got my top end speed back, lost most all of my lower end torque. I guess I'll leave it alone for now. Still have a hesitation on take off have to ease the throttle. replaced all fuel filters and air filter, new plug, new carb and no air leaks. Any ideas?
Old 11-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #18
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Wind that stock spring up some, figure out the holes they change how much you preload it when it gets the ramps together. That will kick up rpm when part throttle and make it more zippy.

Hesitation usually dirty carb or air leak in airbox.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #19
Chief800
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Thanks, I'll take it back apart asap, see if I can wind it up a little.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
Chief800
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Peloaded spring got some of my lower end back and still have top end, around 25 mph. can't figure whats causing it to bog down when you first give it fuel, after it takes gas runs great. Cant find any air leaks in airbox, joint intake isn't cracked. I've replaced all fuel filters, plug and new carb. I'll keep working on it.
Thanks for all the input and help!!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha