lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G29 scondary clutch spring

Anyone know what color spring gives you the most torque on the secondary Drive clutch on a G29? Apparently there is a spring out there that gives more torque than the black spring.

And where to purchase one
MississippiG29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #2
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Default Re: G29 scondary clutch spring

Call plowmans carts tomorrow and he will point you in the right direction. I put a black with white stripe from my rzr 800 and it made a world of difference on the 09 g29 i had.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #3
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I'd try the umax yamaha spring it seems to make my clone rev plenty enough and I have the preload really low. Also try the HD kevlar belt from CPP its wider and has more takeoff power, sort of like a cut secondary sheave will do. I have all three on my clone it spins the tires taking off with the stock clutch, which I will replace soon as I have time to mod the engine mount.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Sorry, umax springs won't work on "the drive/g29" secondary clutchs. I've had great luck with www.erlandsontechnology.com kits No disrespect to Plowman's.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 PM   #5
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
Call plowmans carts tomorrow and he will point you in the right direction. I put a black with white stripe from my rzr 800 and it made a world of difference on the 09 g29 i had.
I ordered that spring directly from Team, it did make a difference I am going to call Don, I bet there is a heavier spring that would work better in my cart since I am running 25s on it.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:41 AM   #6
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Too bad you didnt call don in the beginning before you ordered new clutches. His new extreme kit looks like its just what you need.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #7
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Yep, I spent to much on new clutch's, I will get my moneys worth out of them before I upgrade again.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
dbmachine
Gone Wild

You had any issues with mud and water getting on your clutches while your dragging deer or going to and from your stand with all the rain here lately??
Old 12-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmachine View Post
You had any issues with mud and water getting on your clutches while your dragging deer or going to and from your stand with all the rain here lately??
No, the engine area stays surprisingly clean, they graded our main road a day before a heavy rain, and it was like freaking soup, my cart was covered in mud, yet when u pull the seat up its clean.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
MississippiG29
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiG29 View Post
No, the engine area stays surprisingly clean, they graded our main road a day before a heavy rain, and it was like freaking soup, my cart was covered in mud, yet when u pull the seat up its clean.
I guess since the tires are taller they sit up inside the fender wells and keep most of the debris contained.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha