lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Default Re: Club car help!!!!!!

Im pretty sure if the batteries are too low in voltage, the charger will not kick on. Thats why jjance recommended getting a voltmeter/multimeter. Know anyone with a club car golf cart? Its possible because your cart is stretched, it may have a special key, but still possible you can use any club car key.
KillerCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #12
clubbcar889
Not Yet Wild

I checked the voltage earlier and I posted they had around 8 volts on them.......
clubbcar889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #13
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

You need to be more exact for us to help you.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
clubbcar889
Not Yet Wild

how can I be more exact?
Old 12-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #15
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Get a digital volt meter. Doesn't have to be expensive. One in a blister pack from a box store is ok.
That cart is very expensive new. Worth checking out. 2004 or newer. Almost certainly a 48v cart. A picture of the battery compartment would be nice.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #16
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubbcar889 View Post
how can I be more exact?
Around eight to me means anywhere from 7.5-8.5. If they are below 8 I'd recommend recharging each battery individually to get them properly and fully charged.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is a battery table showing charge state. Note the 48v column for that cart.
Find the battery pack main + and - and put the volt meter leads there. It is likely the batteries are below the minimum voltage required to activate the charger. Will probably have to charge batteries individually first to bring them up to a voltage where the the cart charger will take over. Any club car key should work but even if you had one it is likely there would be no response until batteries were charged.

Check water level in batteries. Add enough DISTILLED water to just cover plates. After batteries are charged then add more distilled water to the proper level.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg batterytable1118242f71.jpg (43.1 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
clubbcar889
Not Yet Wild

it has 4 batteries and they are 12v per battery. so its a 48v I will try to charge each one by one to see if that works..... if the charger is good will it hum when plugged in but not show on the ammeter? or do they just do nothing
Old 12-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #19
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

If them 12V batteries are reading about 8V I suggest you start by replacing the batteries.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #20
KillerCC
Call me Rich

Club Car

Oh, since you gave no cart info, your batteries are way too low. Definitely charge them, hopefully they'll get up to near 13v each.
You will hear your charger kick on and hum, as long as batteries need charging, but if the obc doesn't sense a certain amount of voltage, then it will not allow the charger to kick on.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car