lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #11
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

Oh. I picked up my cart for $300.

Yeah, that water line told me there was no hope in the current electrical system.
Fishinbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #12
physcoflip
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: New to Forum - Advice on '03 Club Car

Lift depends on what you are going to use it for. I like the 6 inch lift. If you check the site sponsors they have lots of combos which include the lift the tires and rims. Many also offer free shipping. The bigger question to ask is what type of lift and that entirely depends on intended use. Long travel is best for off road heavy use a arm lift for light to moderate use off road and a arm just for show pretty much but gives good ground clearance. My personal experience is with the ds club car but found the a arm lift easier to install and it comes with HD rear springs if you want a rear seat.
physcoflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #13
CartTrader
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
I agree with these other guys, take the electronics from the good cart and put them in the flooded cart. Then you will have a nice looking running cart...
And welcome to BGW!
I would do it the other way around! Put the 2003 flooded cart body and parts on the 2004. Quicker and easier.... and a year newer. No worries about a rear end that has been under water, etc. By the way what did you mean the 2004 had some rough use? Other than body damage ..what other damage?

CartTrader
CartTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:17 PM   #14
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would love that deal! Use second cart as a trailer. Lots of cool ideas on here. I would go for 6" lift. You said its a project with the kiddo and my 8 year old cruises on mine with the 6". Also while you have it apart think with the end in mind wire chases, shocks, lift. It's much easier while apart.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #15
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CartTrader View Post
I would do it the other way around! Put the 2003 flooded cart body and parts on the 2004. Quicker and easier.... and a year newer. No worries about a rear end that has been under water, etc. By the way what did you mean the 2004 had some rough use? Other than body damage ..what other damage?

CartTrader
Yeah it depends on the frame condition of the 04. Lots of options here!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
crash test dummy

Quote:
... He showed me a 2004 CC that had seen it's better day on the body and steel parts
even tho we know its aluminum... i'd say the 2003 frame with the 04 electronics
looks great cleaned up in pics
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #17
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
even tho we know its aluminum... i'd say the 2003 frame with the 04 electronics
looks great cleaned up in pics
And maybe the 2004 differential...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 08:03 AM   #18
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

Wow. I appreciate all of the awesome feedback. Once I get the donor cart home and start breaking it down I will see which way to go.

As far as our intended use it will be mostly road with some dirt and grass. No extreme off-road is planned. I got most of that out of my system with an artic cat 4 wheeler a few years ago. Those 27" mud machines were good at getting you muddy but also good at breaking things to.

I like the idea of the a arm lift with HD springs in back. I will be putting a flip down backseat for passengers as well as to haul margarita machines at cook-offs for our business.

Using the frame from the donor to build a trailer sounds interesting too. I'll have to check out the ideas on here.

Any recommendations on brand/model of 6" a arm lift w/HD rear springs?
Old 06-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #19
Fishinbuggy
Getting Wild

I ended up getting the rust bucket 2004 cc ds and salvaging the electrical system from it. It was a pain to get every rusty part off of the cart to get down to the frame but after a few hours I got it. I was having trouble getting the armature off of the gear box of the 2003 so I thought I'd swap my axles and install them on the 2004 gearbox. I did all of that work to get everything apart and ended up having a friend torch and gouge the armature off so I'm good to go with original axle and gearbox. I got everything cleaned up and reinstalled along with a 6" lift kit. Hopefully I can get the wiring switched over before the weekend is over. Here's a few pics of the progress.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402769860.074062.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402769878.748485.jpg
Not complete yet. I ran out of time last night around 3:00 am.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402769917.903028.jpg

Here's a few pics of the rust bucket
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402769945.246475.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1402769957.578367.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car