lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #1
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Default AHHH another issue....Need a little help...

Ok 2007 Club car precedent that I've had several issues the last two years. First the controller went out and I replaced with Alltrax 400amp and new upgraded solenoid. Major mistake looking back on this.

Ofcourse got the jumpy jumpy throttle, replaced mcor helped a little but not enough. Eventually destroyed the motor! UGHHHH!

Replaced with upgraded motor, another mcor, tried every map from the alltrax and the only thing that comes close is the EXGOthrottle mapping, go figure, with the throttle up turned down to 1, very annoying pushing the pedal and 2 secs later it finally throttles up. Still have surges at mid or low throttle, really annoyed with this. Run it all afternoon playing golf came in parked outside the garage and now won't move..

Solenoid clicks, Alltrax powers up but has 5 red blinking lights, ofcourse the all trax trouble shooting has info about 7, 6 and 3 red blinking lights but not 5.
Pack is new and showing 53 volts, controller shows 53 volts, solenoid small nuts has 53 volts, big nuts shows nothing with throttle pushed down but not sure what that means. One other thing the charger doesn't seem to charge now either but did when I first rolled it in.

Anyway just have a strange intuition that its a stupid controller issue again since it's been such a freaking pain since I purchased it. Maybe it's something else so please give me your thoughts or trouble shooting ideas. Thanks guys!
hawgsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2014, 07:34 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: AHHH another issue....Need a little help...

5 red = open field

Check your F1 and F2 wires for damage. If good check the motor for unwanted continuity (short). With the 4 cables disconnected, test with the ohm meter, you should have continuity between A1 and A2 and between F1 and F2 but not between any A and any F terminal.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Hey Scottie thanks for the reply I know your very very familiar with alltrax. No wire damage so I'll check the other. Question though:

What is an open field mean?

I believe your saying unconnect the cables from the controller and check for continuity at the controller or motor?

Has anyone gotten rid of the jumpy club car issue with the alltrax?
Old 06-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #4
hawgsalot
Getting Wild

Well its confirmed Alltrax is out UHHHHH. Won't buy another one anyone have any suggestions on a different controller. I know some are having great luck with theirs but the jumpy throttle ruined a motor, 3 mcors swapped out and now another $$$ for another controller. Oh well suggestions on a different controller appreciated...
Old 06-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #5
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

FSIP is what I bought and enjoyed !!

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car