lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #1
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

Default powering a 200a sub on my rxv

So I have a 2014 48v rxv. From the factory it has a horn and lights.
My dealer has added a stereo which he got power from the switched fuse block.
He also installed a electric heater which came off of the batteries direct.
I assume that I can grab power for a 200a amp from the switched fuse block as well. OR am I going to smoke it with too many accessories hooked and running up to it?
Also with all of these electronics, do you think I can play 18 holes of golf with the stereo, sub and heat on? or am I asking too much of the batteries?
thank you for any help!!!!!!!
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2014, 05:26 AM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: powering a 200a sub on my rxv

powering a 200a sub on my rxv. Do you mean 200 watt sub not 200 amps??
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:33 AM   #3
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Personally, I think you want too much from the electrical system. I have no idea what the current draw of the heater is, but your amp has the potential to draw upwards of 15 amps. Your stereo provided it is just a simple head unit may draw 3 amps. I gotta believe if the heater puts out any heat at all it has to be pulling 15-20 amps already. You may as well just add a 1000w Honda generator to the back of the cart! You could have your own little hybrid vehicle.
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 06:42 AM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
Personally, I think you want too much from the electrical system. I have no idea what the current draw of the heater is, but your amp has the potential to draw upwards of 15 amps. Your stereo provided it is just a simple head unit may draw 3 amps. I gotta believe if the heater puts out any heat at all it has to be pulling 15-20 amps already. You may as well just add a 1000w Honda generator to the back of the cart! You could have your own little hybrid vehicle.
http://www.ezgo.com/Exceed.html
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:08 AM   #5
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ingenuity! What a great idea. Wonder how it keeps from continuously charging pack while driving....meaning wonder if there's a negative situation possible from continuously charging the pack.
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:56 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougs_huntingcart View Post
Ingenuity! What a great idea. Wonder how it keeps from continuously charging pack while driving....meaning wonder if there's a negative situation possible from continuously charging the pack.
While driving, the motor draws more amps than the charging system can provide, so the net effect is that the batteries are discharged at a lesser rate, extending the range of the cart on a single charge. Once the cart stops moving, the charge profile is the same as it normally is.

BTW: There is a process known as "float" charging that is continuous and is a good thing for batteries, but I only use it when I'm not driving my cart since I don't like noise and smells and leave my charger at home.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 AM   #7
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

hahaha
I wouldn't have to run sub at the same time as the heater. The sub is more of a summertime thing when the heat isn't needed.
Does the fuse block have enough power to run the amp?
Old 09-23-2014, 08:55 AM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I say it does not have enough power, but it could be used to activate a relay that powers the amp (with its own appropriate fuse). I think that you are gonna be asking too much of the batteries.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 09:06 AM   #9
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

Thanks everybody, I have not bought the amp yet so I guess that I will need to skip it. It would be really embarrassing on the course if I ran out of batteries (or cought Fire)
Old 09-23-2014, 09:42 AM   #10
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My neighbor camps with a large diverse group of people (up to 15 families at a time) and one of the group bought a cart this year and decided he wanted to go big on the stereo. $1500 later he has a great system on his cart. Granted it is only a 36v cart, but the first trip around the campground (less than 1 mile) they ended up pushing the cart a few hundred feet to get to the charger! I know a lot of drinking was involved and they probably had been sitting at somebody else's site with the system bumping for a while, but he doesn't have much range with that big system.

I love the hybrid system! I had to laugh at their distance rating calculated on a two five being run at 16 mph. Who buys a two five to run 16 mph? LOL
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO