lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #61
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Allied Lithium batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Navitas makes one. Don't know much about them. I installed my first Navitas DCS EZGO last week from FSIP because Alltrax has been 3-4 weeks out, and guess what? Ran fine, called customer to come pick it up, and before he could get there it died. So, it's on its way back. Lots of cool features I liked, but still on the fence about the quality.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Not sure what is going on with Alltrax but I have been waiting over three weeks for a replacement for my failed unit. It lasted four years with my Leaf lithium pack - worked fine until it abruptly died. Not many alternatives out there unfortunately!
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2020, 09:58 AM   #62
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Not sure what is going on with Alltrax but I have been waiting over three weeks for a replacement for my failed unit. It lasted four years with my Leaf lithium pack - worked fine until it abruptly died. Not many alternatives out there unfortunately!
I've had failed units from Alltrax, actually waiting on and right now from them that worked about a week and quit.
They were close for several weeks due to covid, but the would still ship orders once a week, and I think they depleted any inventory they had. Now they are behind in production. Still my favorite, but I decided to try Navitas.

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #63
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I would assume Alltrax, like a lot of manufacturers are having supply chain issues. Ya can't make it unless you can get the raw materials!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:15 PM   #64
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I would assume Alltrax, like a lot of manufacturers are having supply chain issues. Ya can't make it unless you can get the raw materials!
That's very possible. I placed an order yesterday, and the automated reply was they were temporarily closed due to the wild fires, but I soon got another that said 2-3 weeks. Hopefully everyone is catching up now that summer is coming to an end.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:35 PM   #65
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have been chasing down my Alltrax order - it will be four weeks on Monday. I heard today that it should ship on Monday. My last one only lasted four years. I'm a bit bummed by that. There is no way to do any repair on these things either. They are potted solid with epoxy.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 03:45 PM   #66
Venteuri
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Is anyone running these allied Allied batteries with upgraded motors and controllers. I'm running an Alltrax SR40048 and a AMD Raptor. I purchased the 60ah pack knowing it was marginal and it is. The current limiter is kicking under load. Just wandering if the 90ah would solve this? Anyone ran into this yet?

I’m running my cart with alltrax and no issues. Alltrax XCT48400 with 200HD solenoid.

Yes, 60ah is a no go for me. I got 80Ah and have had no issues to report.

I just noted that Allied, now they are selling batteries that are connected in parallel.
My batteries, bought in December 2019, are connected in series. 4- 48V batteries, 80ah. This was what they sold last year.
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:26 AM   #67
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venteuri View Post
I’m running my cart with alltrax and no issues. Alltrax XCT48400 with 200HD solenoid.

Yes, 60ah is a no go for me. I got 80Ah and have had no issues to report.

I just noted that Allied, now they are selling batteries that are connected in parallel.

My batteries, bought in December 2019, are connected in series. 4- 48V batteries, 80ah. This was what they sold last year.
Mine are 51 volt 30AH each. I have 3 connected parallel. I think the torque of the raptor motor is what pushes mine over the edge. Pedal to the floor will kick it out every time. Gradual increase and it's fine. I may eventually add one or two more to it.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:01 PM   #68
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Personal experience with Allied.....

I have done about 20 sets of the 12v drop ins. Up until they came out with the balancers, I had constant issues with batteries dropping out and locking up the cart but most of them were caused by customers adding accessories to a single battery. Since the balancers, I haven't had a single complaint ( yes I went back and installed them on every cart I have those batteries in )

As a dealer I have had nothing but excellent service from allied. They have been spot on with answering calls and actively seeking solutions to any issue that came up.

DO NOT..... I REPEAT...... DO NOT ever try to install their batteries in a bad boy buggy ( now known as the Textron off road Prowler) the combination of 2 ac motors and 2 controllers at 72v will cause the batteries to shut down within minutes as the draw is simply too much for the bms......

Allied no longer advertises the 12v batteries for golf carts. They now make 51v 30ah units that they sell and they will straight up tell you you need a minimum of 3 to get any kind of range, but you can install up to 6 in parallel for an awesome driving experience ( I had a customer report getting 100 miles using 6 batteries but that hasn't been verified).

Edit..... on a side note. EZGO itself had issues with the RXV dropping a battery initially because the factory freedoms had the lights wired to a single 12v LA battery. There were reports of injuries when the motor locked up, but I have never heard of one flipping over. EZGO found the solution was to do a recall service and install voltage reducers in all carts that came with lights from the factory (Freedom models)
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO