lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #11
newanimal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: seeking advice on used model for first build

here it is. My beach beater starter project.016.jpg015.jpg
It appears the front axle weldment has been cut and re-welded with smaller square tubing slipped into the stock member ends in order to shorten the front wheel base.014.jpg 013.jpgNot sure what the point is in doing that unless that somehow would sharpen the turn radius but I dont see why it would. I don't like the idea of reducing the structural strength though. I measured the turn radius to be about about 20' to 21' dia. circle. Is that better than stock? It appears the front leafs might be angling in more towards the front as well. Since I plan on a lift kit, and I see that one way to go is with a drop down axle weld-ment, so it's not really an issue as it will all be replaced anyway.
The steering box housing looks not too factory either.012.jpg I wonder whats been done there. Seems to work tight and fine though.
I might plan to disassemble this thing soon and sand/prime/paint the frame.
Are there more front body components missing than the cowl and dash?
The distance between the outer edge of the front tires measure 42". From spindle axle to spindle axle on center is 25 1/2"
newanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-04-2014, 02:40 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: seeking advice on used model for first build

Wow, that front suspension has led a rough life. The axle was probably re-done with the small tube because the whole thing was folded at both ends. Doesnt look strong enough to me. The other odd looking aluminum part has also been repaired. They do break, and originally had a hollow honeycomb looking design to it. Overall, i think it has been involved in some "dukes of hazzard" types of activities, if you catch my drift.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO