lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Rxv wheel shaking

Hello everybody i've a problem this morning.. ,when i'm going over 16-17 mph with my rxv the front passenger wheel start shaking pretty hard,, i've chek lug nuts and they are tight. Any help will be greatly apreciated
Jd62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #2
mooneyes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rxv wheel shaking

check the wheel bearing for play remove wheel then remove center cap on hub remove cotter pin then castle nut the hub should come off now check the bearing for wear or missing rollers if all checks out good then reinstall hub and bearing and castle nut tighten castle nut down to set the bearing then back off 1/8 to 1/4 turn reinstall cotter pin
mooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooneyes View Post
check the wheel bearing for play remove wheel then remove center cap on hub remove cotter pin then castle nut the hub should come off now check the bearing for wear or missing rollers if all checks out good then reinstall hub and bearing and castle nut tighten castle nut down to set the bearing then back off 1/8 to 1/4 turn reinstall cotter pin
Thanks mooneyes i will do that tonight i'll give you the result
Old 10-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #4
mooneyes
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

hey jd before removing castle nut grab the hub and try moving side to side in and out if there is movement then that's a sure sign of bearing being bad if so you can get replacement bearing from local parts store most likely a Timken I did mine a couple years ago about 12.00 a piece remember to pack with grease before reinstalling even the new bearings need to be packed
mooneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok so i finally had time to check that earlier,, beering seen to be in good shape,, i now thinking it might be the steering box itself
Old 10-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #6
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

1 wheel shaking-can be out of round or cold flat spotted...

2 wheels shaking on front-possible rack problem...

check tie rod ends/loose bolts holding things in place ect...

this is in the front end,right?
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

RXV uses sealed ball bearings, no grease, no preload then back off 1/4 turn. They are not taper bearings like used on cars. They dont even use taper bearings on most autos anymore. I think the problem is likely tire/rim related. Jack up front, spin shaking wheel, look for wobble. Switch from one side to other to verify tire/rim problem.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #8
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the input guy i've switch my tire but still shaking,, i will bring it to my mechanic tomorow we will see the result !!!
Old 11-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #9
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's my answer i need a new steering box
Old 11-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #10
Jd62
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
RXV uses sealed ball bearings, no grease, no preload then back off 1/4 turn. They are not taper bearings like used on cars. They dont even use taper bearings on most autos anymore. I think the problem is likely tire/rim related. Jack up front, spin shaking wheel, look for wobble. Switch from one side to other to verify tire/rim problem.
My mechaninc told me i have some loose in my steering box and he realize the problem come from the passenger side rod my question is can i just replace the inner rod or i need to replace the complete steering box ??
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO