lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #11
rsriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New TXT Series cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If you cut the back fret off the controller plate it will slide back a ways then you can mount it through the top of the plate and the inner fender. As for the battery you can get a battery tray that will sit up top. Or just put in 6 8 volts
yes I had seen that also about the controller plate, had thought about going the 6 8volt route but think I really wanna go with 8 6's either that or i could go with 4 regular car batteries and a 48v 200 amp alternator and a 6.5hp clone and create a hybrid, lol
rsriverrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2015, 11:19 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Too bad a 6.5 is only about half enough HP for that alternator, IF the alternator wasted zero energy as heat (doesnt exist). Sounds cool when you say it fast tho.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 11:32 PM   #13
rsriverrat
Not Yet Wild

wishful thinking what can I say, I love tinkering and considered just putting a go kart rear in it and a clone and being done with it. I have some fab and welding skills.. and yes i know no reverse without engineering something, but i dont really need reverse where I'll be driving this cart.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:15 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

There was a thread where someone welded a sprocket on the input shaft, used a torque converter and used a clone to run it all... I'll look for it..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #15
rsriverrat
Not Yet Wild

Yeah I had seen that also, I think they said the input shaft was a 21mm 19 spline
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO