lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2015, 11:23 AM   #21
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Need a new 48v solenoid

Scotty - can you make these for me? I think I remember reading that you make cables. I also need a few 4 gauge cables for batteries - about three.

So 3 battery cables and two solenoid cables.. give me a price and I'll paypal it right away.

Thanks!
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2015, 01:04 PM   #22
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dela View Post
OK - the terminals on solenoid are thicker then battery terminals - my current connectors don't fit ...

where can I get new cables made with wider connector on one end and standard battery size on other?

How much larger is the diameter? Can you drill out the cable connector to fit? Now, I will caution you (if you have never done this before) that if you do this, you need to be very careful when drilling out a connector. Why? Because the drill bit will ALWAYS have a tendency to grab the connector just when it's about to finish....and spin said connector....and everything that's attached....into a rotational frenzy. Of course....if care is not taken, the connector could be yanked from the wire, the wire can be pulled right out of it's sheathing, if the wire is attached at the other end....whatever is at the other end could be, well...damaged . So, you must proceed with care.

Being a one time machinist in a prior lifetime I have a basic understanding of drilling, milling, tapping and how these things can get out of control in a big hurry. So, if you don't feel all warm 'n fuzzy....don't do it.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 01:19 PM   #23
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Lol yea tried that- you don't want to see what's under this band aid!!

Ouch!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2015, 12:57 PM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

[QUOTE=Dela;1112039]
Lol yea tried that- you don't want to see what's under this band aid!!

Ouch!!!!
/QUOTE]

Oh.........Well, being experienced in this matter, I can tell you that you want to hold the connector in a pair of slip-joint pliers, and you want to have the "tab" where the wire is crimped in resting against the inside of the slip-joint plier where when the drill is on, the tab will not "move". (I know a pic is worth a thousand words, but if you can't figure that out....then you shouldn't be drilling it.)

Again, if you have some either mechanical background or machinist background, it helps. Mine was machinist. Of course, being a machinist for two years actually drove me so crazy that I went to college, became a CPA, and the rest is history. But....you never forget your roots....or at least you never forget all of your roots.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 01:52 PM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The craziness caused by being a machinist in your early years, seems to have had a lasting effect.

I used a vice to hold the cable lugs when I drilled mine out.

I'll use a drill press if I ever have to do it again, the handheld drill almost got away from me.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 02:21 PM   #26
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Got 'ER in!!

Took my mouth off the binger and decided to use my bench vise to hold the cables while I drilled

DOH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO