lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Default Want to lift my EZGO RXV, Need help.

Just purchased a 2009 RXV and would love to lift it. I have never done this before thou.

I see a few options out there. I dont know which to get and what i need.

1. I would reallly like to put at least 25 Inch tires on it so I believe that requires a 6 inch lift only? I want to make sure I get the right size tires as well So i dont run into problems turning etc.

2. I see, madjax 6in A arm lift. Jakes 6in Spindle kit, as well as a drop spindle lift kit and a long travel kit? Which do I get?

3. Also do all of these options require spacers for your wheels? I read that in a few threads the front wheels might stick out more etc.

4. How hard is this to do yourself? how time consuming?

I appreciate any help!
GotaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2015, 11:18 AM   #2
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Want to lift my EZGO RXV, Need help.

1. I would recommend 23". These are about as big as you want to go. Plus they are plentiful.

2. This depends on your goals. Installed a friends long travel and its a very nice kit. Slightly more money though. The jakes spindle kit allows you to do their front disc brake kit eventually which some like that option.

3. No this really depends on what wheels and offset you run. Most won't.

4. Depends which kit you go with. I think most of these can be done in 2-4 hours with the right tools etc. Its pretty easy just a little tedious and time consuming.
idleize350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:52 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Probably not gonna be happy with stock rxv power with a 25" tire. 20-23" is better. Since there are no HP upgrades for rxv, might be best to stick to a shorter tire.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Even thou the RXV can go 19.5 MPH stock, a 25 Inch tire would slow it down that much? Is it a matter of too little torque?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

***** WARNING -- OPINION ZONE *******

With 25" tires a rxv will be faster than with 22" tires.
That speed will come at a price..

1) stability- RXV front coil over shocks will be soft and tend to let body roll.

2) acceleration - The motor will not be able to accelerate or BRAKE as well.

3) hill climbing -- cart will tend to "stall" on hills, coming to complete stop.

4) legal -- Some lawyer can make the case that modified cart was too fast to control and motor will not be able to stop cart
so liability if someone gets hurt is a problem

5) Check legal speed limit for GOLF CART in your state. Too fast and you may need Low Speed Vehicle "stuff" license,tag,insurance,4 wheel brakes.......

might reconsider 25"

We like to keep RXV's un lifted.

***** End opinion zone ******

good luck !!!
Keep us posted !!!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #6
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

Thanks for the info guys!

Where I ride my golf cart there are little to no hills, this is more of just a 'looks cool' cart project. A lot of it will be driven on pavement and I like the look of the 'mud' tires. I know they will wear faster, that is a concern.

Also Can someone chime in on my question #2? The long travel kit seems to be 3 times the price, not sure I want to go that route unless convinced otherwise.

2. I see, madjax 6in A arm lift. Jakes 6in Spindle kit, as well as a drop spindle lift kit and a long travel kit? Which do I get?
Old 01-13-2015, 07:19 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

IMO, I don't like spindle kits... My brother has the madjax lift on his RXV and it seems a little squirrelly. I haven't helped him align it yet but thinks it is close.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 08:54 AM   #8
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If you're going to be driving almost exclusively on payment, I wouldn't spend the money on a long travel kit. Those are made for off roading. Look cool though. You could probably get by with a 3'' lift kit and 23'' tires. As everyone has mentioned, RXV's get top heavy with the narrow wheelbase.
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2015, 11:51 AM   #9
GotaCamaro
Getting Wild

I love the way these wheels/tires look below on a RXV. Any clue what kind of tires those are and the size of the wheels? I believe these are 25" maybe on a 10 or 12 inch wheel? After seeing these its hard to want 23"

Old 01-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #10
kirksingleton
Getting Wild

here are some photos of my 2014 RXV. I lifted it 3" using the oem 3"lift kit that ezgo is selling on eBay, it also comes with a bigger brake. I am using 12" rims, 215-50-12 backlash tires and 1" wheel spacers (also from eBay). My tires measure about 21" tall. I didn't go bigger because I didn't want to lose tork. My cart has plenty of power still and runs about 22 mph and with the spacers seems stable enough but I definitely don't mess around going full speed. This cart is on the golf course 90% of the time so I needed a tire that is turf friendly but wanted the lifted look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0025.jpg (279.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0026.jpg (236.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0027.jpg (167.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0041.jpg (149.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0043.jpg (162.7 KB, 0 views)
kirksingleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO