lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #11
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2007 txt new shocks, springs still leans 3/4" left

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach cart View Post
I guess, I'm a slow kgsc. I will pick same point on from both sides and do the measurements.
Your not slow by any means. I have you easily beat by a 6 to 1 margin. BTW, if none of this works, just post your address. I'll come down....I'll buy a few kegs, we can invite ScottyB and anyone else who wants to come.....and we will have your cart leaning anyway you want within no time!!!

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #12
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK its update time, I swapped the springs around today and it made less then 1/4" difference.
The spring mounts are not bent, and the shock mounts are good. I know this is a subject that's been beat to death, but with a rear seat its more pronounced. I have thought about the following for maybe a fix.
1. Replace driver side leaf spring with a heavy duty.
2. Manufacture plates or plate to go on top of lift kit plate.
3. Try raising front left using Jake's long travel spring holes. (Drop down one hole to lift that side.
4. Have new lift block made for the left side.
Any ideas are appreciated.
beach cart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 08:42 AM   #13
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm disappointed that swapping springs didn't fix it. I would have bet a 12 pack it would. Are you taking your measurements to the frame or body? I'm assuming frame. The body isn't very consistent due to flex.

You could fabricate longer rear spring shackles for just the drivers side. Just remove the shackles and trace them out on some flat steel of about equal thickness with the holes spaced about 1" further apart making the shackle overall longer.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:21 AM   #14
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sport Coupe , I am measuring from frame not body.
The spring shackles sound like a great idea. Do I need to remove the tire and lift block etc. Or just just jack the rear left from the shaft tube to take some pressure off to remove and trace.
If it needs 3/4" more lift do you need to change hole down just that much or more like to one in. for deflection.
Old 01-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #15
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach cart View Post
Sport Coupe , I am measuring from frame not body.
The spring shackles sound like a great idea. Do I need to remove the tire and lift block etc. Or just just jack the rear left from the shaft tube to take some pressure off to remove and trace.
If it needs 3/4" more lift do you need to change hole down just that much or more like to one in. for deflection.
Jack from frame (left side) and let rear axle droop. That will allow you to remove shackle. Tire stays on.

You won't be able to use the same shackle by just re-drilling holes, there isn't enough material. You will need to find some steel about the same width and thickness and make two new pieces for the driver side.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 02:43 PM   #16
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks sportcoupe, I have 1 1/2" x1/4" flat stock and I am making them up. Found something interesting, shackles right are drilled 3/8" and are 5 1/2" center to center, the left is 5 1/4".
Old 01-25-2015, 07:46 PM   #17
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not enough time, that work thing tomorrow, I'll update late in the week when done.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #18
beach cart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've decided to try an extra block 1" taller aluminum block on top of the Jake's 2" axle block same size. Had some scrap around, just about the right side. Will this change shock reaction or ride much?. Guess we'll see. Waiting on some longer u bolt s from mlcs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO