lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2015, 11:46 AM   #1
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

Default 1981 EZ-GO forward/reverse board question

I have a 1981 36 volt EZ-GO Marathon that loves to melt the contacts in the wiper board. I do know that it's best to operate it at full throttle so as not to overheat it.
I have 2 year old Trojan batts (bought new), all new cables and a new resistor pack. I can drive it for months and not have an issue but as soon as my kids or guests get on it, the board melts out within a few hours of use. Even though I warn them, I am sure they are just "partially throttling" the cart and getting it hot.
I get my boards off of the internet... I usually just order the cheapest ones that I can find. Should I try spending more money? Are all the boards pretty much the same?
Kerrville78028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #2
coosa
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1981 EZ-GO forward/reverse board question

I ran an 84 model for many years and had the same experience. No matter how many instructions you give, people will ignore them. I think the only solution is to either let no one else run it, or buy a cart with a controller.

I had a collection of boards and wipers and was often able to repair them. You can swap the contacts from one board to another; usually all of them don't fry. You can also file the end of the wiper to make it usable again.

Good luck with it!
coosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:20 PM   #3
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Hate to say it ... but talk to scottyb about upgrading to electronic controller.

Best SOLUTION to the problem.... Everything else you mentioned is band-aid
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
Kerrville78028
Gone Wild

Yes, I have a collection of boards and contacts that I use when it has a "meltdown". I have gotten to the point that I just don't let others use it anymore.
Kerrville78028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO