lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
Onehittman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Looking for advise for speed upgrades st sport electric

So, it will become painfully obvious that I am new to electric carts and clearly need some direction. I bought a 2007 ST sport 2 plus 2 36 volt Its not quite a fast as I would like and looking for what my options are available. The cart has a snow plow that I will likely use.

1. What speed up grade is going to allow the torque needed for the plow?

2. Any additional info about what I can expect from the ST model would be appreciated...

3. Lastly I thought I read somewhere that this model is similar or is the txt with a different body?
Onehittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2015, 09:18 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Looking for advise for speed upgrades st sport electric

1. Speed and Torque are polar opposites mechanically, but there are exceptions electrically.

Mechanically: If you change the final drive ratio (tire height and differential gear ratio) to increase speed, you reduce torque.

There are two speed differentials that will shift gear ratios, so the cart can be used in high torque mode or a high speed mode.

Electrically: If you increase the pack voltage, you increase both torque and speed.

If you increase the ampacity of the controller, the torque increases, but the speed stays the same.

The are aftermarket motors that will increase torque and motors that will increase speed and motors that will increase both. And there are two speed motors that can be shifted between high torque and high speed.

2. Owners manual for a ST 2+2 attached.

3. The ST uses the same basic drive system as a TXT. Here is a link to the TXT service manual. http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/28646.pdf
I'm pretty sure the ST is a series drive, but the speed controller may be a different model, however it is wired the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ST_Sport_2n2_Electric_owners_guide.pdf (3.79 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:34 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Most of the guys are using a 500a control for this cart. You can use it with the stock motor now and with an aftermarket high torque motor later. Additionally, it will work on 36v now and 48v later. A bigger controller allows the stock motor to draw more amperage. This allows the motor to produce more torque but requires the whole system be upgraded to work well with the larger amperage flow. other upgraded components you will need in a series cart include; solenoid, F&R switch, and all battery (high amp) cables.
Enjoy the cart
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #4
Onehittman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, alot of info for me to digest. Johnnieb thank you for info and manuals. Scottyb thanks for the up grade ideas. Well I guess it comes down to how fast do I want to spend. Lol
Onehittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO