lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2000 ez-go Electrical problems

I have a 2000 ez-go TXT that wont run I just picked it up for $500 so I'm excited to figure this thing out.. Ive looked at a few schematics and downloaded a repair manual.. My problem is even with the key off and not pushing throttle I am reading 34 volts to the motor it doesn't change when i do push the pedal?? is that normal I cant find anything telling me different but it doesn't sound right it sounds like a major short somewhere... I've been looking for shorts but cant find it. Batteries are charged to 34 volts.. The solenoid clicks when key is on and depressing throttle... But even before I push the pedal both big terminals on solenoid read 34 volts... ???? Sounds like a stuck solenoid ? even if it clicks when it should..? any help is appreciated...
smille5291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-04-2015, 04:52 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 ez-go Electrical problems

You probably reading voltage through the precharge resistor - remove one side and retest.

34v too low to properly operate.

Also ID the cart drive system please

see chart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo-guide-#2.jpg (139.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #3
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks it is a series .... I am also reading voltage off everything metal I touch the seat bracket when positive lead to seat bracket and negative to negative on battery pack.. Or am I just grounding the battery pack when I test it like that because they are in series?..
Old 02-04-2015, 05:58 PM   #4
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You should not read any voltage anywhere except within the electrical system. These carts have enclosed systems. That is, there is no frame grounding anywhere.
It could be someone thought they knew what they were doing and grounded one of the batteries, (or other component). Or, there could be a worn wire shield somewhere.
I would check the batteries first. Follow all the high voltage wires and ensure none are connected to anything but another electrical component. If they are, you may need to start, wire by wire, doing a resistance (ohm reading) test in order for find your problem.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #5
smille5291
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Chloe looks like it's time to search for a short somewhere
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO