lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2015, 09:14 AM   #11
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: how good can electric get?

I think yurtle and nuke have explained it pretty well and parallels my experience with a series cart.
I would add that BATTERIES are extremely important. They are the heart of an electric cart. The high performance controllers, solenoids, wires and such are the support systems for larger tires and high performance motors. But if the batteries are not capable of releasing the amps necessary then you will be disappointed and will have wasted your money.

As for gas carts. Keep in mind that ALL golf carts are designed to haul golfers around a golf course for a round or maybe 2 rounds of golf. Golf carts from the factory whether electric or gas have almost identical performance. To get "hot, nasty, badass speed and torque" will require expensive modifications in either case.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-17-2015, 11:30 AM   #12
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

As to gassers, I had a WorkHorse, and after rebuilding the engine, just to get it back to stock operation, all I did was back WAY off the governor and it was pretty wild. Lots more Hp than my electric, and it was already built for off-road use. You can also play with different belt sizes.

No need for a big block.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:58 PM   #13
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

basically I want longer run times and better hill climbs. Im not really in it for speed as the campground has a limit. With any parts of the package help my stock cart individually? I think it said on carts unlimitied that heavy duty f&r switch is the single best upgrade for a series cart..but I also heard 2ga cables were
rammunition361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 08:24 AM   #14
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rammunition361 View Post
basically I want longer run times and better hill climbs. Im not really in it for speed as the campground has a limit. With any parts of the package help my stock cart individually? I think it said on carts unlimitied that heavy duty f&r switch is the single best upgrade for a series cart..but I also heard 2ga cables were
well to be very honest....your carts drive system to totally stock, correct? You have already put 23" tires on it, that in itself reduced the torque available to you, which is one of the things you want more of.....along with run time. They also are putting more strain in the drive system, and may cause premature failure of the stock system, SO with that in mind, and to meet your needs, the Controller package you are looking at would be a GREAT choice. Even with a stock motor, and you really don't 2g. cables, but at a minimum, 4 ga. NOW, if you want to get yourself a bit more torque and a little speed (they go hand in hand) upgrade to a 48v system, which you can with that same package....and the HD F&R switch is needed as well.

Another thing to think about, your batteries, how old are they? if you upgrade to 48v, DO NOT just get two more 6v batteries and stick them if your batteries aren't fairly new, that isn't the best idea. You have options there, you could get 6 8v batteries, as they fit in the same tray, otherwise you will need to find rom under the seat or in the bag well. AND if you are getting new batteries, regardless of whether they are 6v or 8v, get the highest AH rated batteries available as THAT is what will increase your RUN TIME.....the more AH's the batteries can/will hold, the greater the run time. Here are some battery charts for both 6v and 8v with the model number and their AH's

6Volt Battery AH comparisons.JPG

8Volt Battery Comparisons.JPG
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:47 PM   #15
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

great info. Will 48v alone give me longer run time and if so, by how much?
Old 02-18-2015, 03:04 PM   #16
idleize350
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I just recently upgraded to 48V when my batteries needed to be replaced.

I also went with Scottys #485 package, 2ga wires, and HD FnR. I sold my old 36V charger on ebay and got a DPI charger.

Definitely a noticeable upgrade in TQ and a few mph going to 48V. I think you would fairly pleased with this setup as is. Im eventually going to upgrade my motor also. If you went with a high TQ motor your cart would probably go through anything you can throw at it with those mods.

As far as run time the 48V with 6 T-875's is about identical to a 36V setup with T-105's
idleize350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:10 PM   #17
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Roughly speaking:
amps = torque
volts = speed
amp-hours = run time
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:21 PM   #18
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Just an aside...
Before dumping a bunch of money into upgrades...

Look at selling current cart and getting an RXV.

Totally stock RXV has good speed(19.5mph), great hill climbing performance and
aprox. 20+ mile range.

We upgrade folks all the time from D.C. carts to RXV's ...
Stock RXV's usually outperform other carts(gas and electric) even the "Modified"
and "high performance" ones.

Have seen carts that beat RXV's --- Hard to call them golf carts though..

Some real BEASTS on this site !!!!

Test drives are free!!!!
Might be easier and less expensive to get performance like you seem to be looking for with stock RXV.

Just saying look at all the options

Good luck !!!!
Keep us posted !!!!
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #19
rammunition361
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I don't believe I will ever buy another electric cart actually. This cart is my first electric and probably last. Gas seems like less of a hassle lol
Old 02-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #20
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

They each have their ups and downs...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO